Chapter 5

The two class 1C students stood behind the swarm of students from class 1A, it seemed as though most of them made it to the finals. The finals were one on one matches and the mind reader couldn't wait to show of her skill.

"Come closer and draw lots to see who you're up against. Then enjoy the pleasure of the recreational games before we start. The 16 finalists have the options in participating in these or sitting out to prepare for battle, I'm sure you all want to conserve your stamina. I'll start with the first place team." Explained midnight until she was interrupted.

"Um, excuse me, but I'm withdrawing." Kokoro had predicted that something like this would happen, his pride was to hurt to continue. The telepath did feel bad, however he would never had gotten this far without Shinsou's brainwashing. Most of his friends felt the same way, and were all questioning his decision. "It just wouldn't be right, I barely remember anything from the cavalry battle until the very end of it. I think it was that guys quirk."

Kokoro could tell Shinsou was starting to panic as they saw half the group turn to look at him. "I know this is a great opportunity, I wish I could take advantage of it but my conscience won't let me." The blonde continued.

"Ojiro, think about this." Encouraged the boy who had previously won the 10 million.

"I have ok, everyone played their part in the battle, but i was just someone's puppet. No way, I don't want to advance if I don't even know how I got here, it wouldn't be fair."

"You're making way too much of this, just kill it in the finals and prove you should be here." Argued a girl who was, wait what? Why were the girls in cheer uniforms?

"That's not it, I'm talking about my pride here and I refuse to give that up. Also why are all the girls dressed as cheerleaders?" He finished.

Kokoro couldn't help but admire the willpower of Ojiro but she knew he was going to ruin Shinsou's chance in the battle. Apparently, other students felt the same.

'Listen to him, its so manly.'

'Wow this is what a hero should be.'

The glory of the situation was soon taken away by midnights verdict. "This sort of talk is incredibly naive boy. It turns me on." She declared without an ounce of shame. "Ojiro is withdrawn."

'Did she say it turns her on.' The whole arena thought in unison.

"Now lets see, we will have to move up a student from a cavalry team so we have enough to contestants." Midnight said while looking through the crowd. Kokoro observed and she deadpanned when she heard the teacher was going to pick someone at random.

"We were frozen most the time, isn't that right, girls." Said a ginger haired girl. "You should chose from the group that kept on fighting the whole time, team Tetsutetsu. I'm not doin this as a favour, its just fair." She stated. Which was followed by a loud thank you from the silver haired boy.

"And so Tetsutetsu has advanced to the finals. Take a look at the bracket my dears, these are your opponents." Midnight declared while pointing towards the screen. Shinsou's first match would be against Izuku Midoriya and Kokoro's first fight would be against Denki Kaminari. She had only just been given the match up and already began to strategise. She looked around the stadium for electro and figured he was the one with a lighting bolt in his hair.

'Huh who's Kokoro Hajime. Ive never heard of her until now.' He thought.

The telepath was quite irritated, this never would have happened if it had been called team Hajime. If she were to win against Kaminari, she would be against either, Tenya Iida or Mei Hatsume. In all honesty, Kokoro thought that her first match would be most difficult, given the fact she cant touch him, and he has a long range attack. The mind reader then left Shinsou to find a quiet place to think.