Chapter 53

A bell echoed loudly through the prep room, alerting everyone that their next task had begun. "Villains have preformed a large scale terrorist attack, destroying all of 'insert city name here'. Since most buildings collapsed, there are many injured civilians." Mera explained, forgetting to actually insert a city name. "Due to heavily damaged roads, the first responders have unfortunately been delayed for the time being. Until emergency services arrive, heroes in the area will lead the rescue efforts. Your task is to save as many people as you can and help the injured. And with that... BEGIN!"

Suddenly, everyone bolted out of the unfolded room and tried to locate civilians. But Brain-Wave had a plan. "Civilians, stay calm, the heroes are on their way." Hajime communicated. "If your injuries are minor, then make your way to the nearest hero, if they are more severe or you're trapped under a structure, then don't panic and stay put. I've given all your locations out, so don't worry, no one will be left behind."

"Huh, what's was that image in my head right now!?" A hero, Inasa questioned.

"Hajime? Was that you?"

"Everyone, I've given out civilians locations, make your way to them." She instructed and took charge of the situation.

'"Thank you!"

"Thanks!"

"Can't Stop Twinkling!" The telepath called out, she couldn't believe he had such a ridiculous hero name, and she couldn't believe she actually had to say it. "Come with me, we'll set up a base for the injured." She said and the boy nodded his head.

"Wait!" A student from another school signalled. "I can help with the healing. So I'll stick with you." She explained and tagged along. "What your quirks?" She said while they were running.

"I'm a telepath." Kokoro answered her.

'She was the one who sent that message, so cool!'

"Do you want to see what I can do?" Aoyama asked.

"Sure."

"It's a secret." He struck a pose, honestly, Hajime would have preferred to ask Yaoyorozu for help, but she had uses elsewhere. The only reason she needed Aoyama was to make a beacon into the air, to inform everyone where the base was.

"Wait." Hajime stopped running, if she was right, then there was a bystander nearby, she just couldn't see them. "Call-out!" She shouted, but there was no reply, so she closed her eyes and concentrated.

"What's she doing?" The girl asked.

"Shut up." Kokoro silenced and found the target. "Come with me, I found one of them." She instructed and climbed over some debris, only to see a little girl holding onto her teddy for dead life. She was bleeding from the nose and her legs were held under some debris. "Hey there. I'm Brain-wave, what's your name?" She asked, trying to distract the girl as she cleared some of the rubble from the girl.

"Miho." The child replied.

'She's trying to distract me, good. But what will you do next.' Her thoughts were much deeper than her voice, but Hajime payed them no mind, if she did, she'd lose points.

"Well, Miho, I have a challenge for you." Kokoro smiled. "Answer all the questions and you win."

"Really?" She smiled, the actress was sceptical, but she was pretending to be a child, so she played along.

"Yep. Question number one, how many fingers am I holding up?" Kokoro held up 3 fingers.

"4." Miho answered.

'Now let's see how she reacts to that.'

"Good, you got it." She masked her lie with a smile. Then put her fingertips against her head to relay what she'd figured to her comrades. "She definitely has a head injury, and her eyes are acting up, meaning she's hazy."