Chapter 49

The bus slowly pulled up to the highly populated arena, other schools each chattered amongst each other and low grumbles could be heard. However, Hajime's impression of the arena was far different than her classmates'. She could understand that even if people seemed amazed at U.A, they were all going to target them. Luckily, she knew all of this prior to the exam, and she'd given Midoriya a brief warning, but it was up to him to listen to her advise.

"I'm getting kinda nervous." Jiro panicked.

"I wonder what they're going to make us do?" Said Mineta. "What if I can't get my license?"

"Mineta. Don't ask if you can, say you will." Aizawa instructed. "If you can pass this test and get your licenses, then you novice eggs will hatch into chicks. You'll be semi-pros. I expect your best." The teacher continued, putting more pressure on his students.

"I can't wait to be a heroic chicken." Kaminari joked.

"Shout the usual guys." Kirishima yelled. "On my mark. Go Plus-"

"ULTRA!" A boy from another school stole the spotlight, if Kokoro was correct, she gathered he was an idiot.

"It's pretty rude to interrupt other peoples huddles like that, Inasa." Another scolded.

"What? Pardon me. I am! So! Sorry! So! Sorry!" He drove his head into the ground.

'Yep, he's an idiot, but a powerful one. I should avoid him.' Kokoro strategised.

'It's him!' Aizawa thought, and Hajime scanned his mind to find out why her teacher was surprised. Turns out, Inasa was the top recommended student for U.A but he dropped out for unknown reasons, in other words, Todoroki may have left an impression on him. Hajime could sense a grudge a mile away.

While everyone was questioning Inasa and his approach to the class, Hajime took note of the girl from their rival school. Her mind was completely void of thoughts, she only knew one person with that technique, but maybe it wasn't her, either way, this day was about passing her licensing exam, she didn't have time to be paranoid.

"Eraser! I know that scowl anywhere! I saw you on TV and in the sports festival, but it's been a while since we were this close in person!" A woman with green hair waved at the grumpy teacher.

'Oh please no. No. No. No. I do not have the energy to deal with this.' Aizawa scowled.

"Let's get married." She got closer to him.

"No." He turned down.

"Haha! You're a real laugh riot buddy!" She grabbed her stomach.

"You're impossible, Joke." Aizawa kept his hands in his pockets while Midoriya fanboyed over the pro hero.

"Ms Joke, the smile hero! Her quirk is outburst! She makes people around her laugh, which affects their ability to think and be able to move. Her interactions with villains are always full of insanity." Midoriya explained to everyone, making them understand why the woman was so lively, a complete contrast to their own teacher.

"Think about it, if I were your wife, you'd have a life of constant laughter!" Ms Joke tried to persuade, clearly she didn't know erased well enough.

"That sounds like an actual nightmare." Mr Aizawa deadpanned, and Hajime couldn't contain her amusement anymore, so a smile formed on her own face, even though she vowed to take the whole exam seriously.

"You two seem to get along well." Tsu stated.

"Our agencies were near each other, as young heroes striving to make a difference in the world, a mutual love bloomed!" Joke blushed.