Chapter 12

Hajime awoke in a hospital bed, the sharpened blade that had pierced her was gone but the sting of her wound still ached. That was definitely gonna scar, as much as the telepath hated being stabbed, she was kinda proud of herself for receiving her first battle scar.

"Did you sleep Midoriya?" Todoroki asked.

"No, not really."

"I figured, me neither." The half and half user replied.

"Thinking about that fight now, we did something pretty amazing." Izuku theorised.

Kokoro had been listening in on the conversation for a while, but she just didn't have the motivation to join in. However, when she heard Midoriya praising their actions in Hosu, she had to intervene.

"No." Hajime sat up for the first time after her surgery to remove the blade. "What we did, was something stupid, not amazing." She corrected.

"Hajime, you're awake?" Midoriya stated the obvious.

"What gave you that impression?" The telepath lifted a brow.

'At least we know she hasn't changed.' Midoriya thought.

"Do you need anything?" Asked Todoroki.

"No, I'm fine. Just recovering from a fatal stab wound." Hajime joked.

"It's really a miracle we're even alive. With my leg messed up, I was an easy target, he probably could've killed me if he really wanted to." Midoriya explained.

"Yeah, seems to me he let us live on purpose. I'm impressed by you though Iida, he was actually trying to murder you but you stood tall." Shoto added.

"That's not true, I was-" Iida was interrupted by the opening of a hospital door.

"So the injured youngings are awake." Gran Torino stated.

"Gran Torino." Midoriya smiled.

"And Manual too." Said Iida.

"Idiot, I could yell at you for hours right now, but before I do, you got a visitor." The telepath already knew who was here to see them, the chief of police. Luckily, she could tell he wanted to keep them out of trouble and completely agreed with his plan on her part.

"Hosu's chief of police. Kenji Tsuragamae." Kokoro introduced the man walking through the door. "My apologies but I'm not currently in any state to be standing in your presence." She said the the chief.

"No please, stay seated. So you're the UA students who brought down the hero killer?" Tsuragamae wondered.

"We are." Shoto answered.

'The police chief came all this way, why?' Todoroki thought.

"Don't worry, he has good reasons." The telepath explained to Todoroki.

"Stain has some serious injuries, severe burns and several broken bones. Right now he's in the hospital under strict guard. Woof. There's a lesson you should've all learned, when quirks became the norm, the police force sought to maintain their status quo. They decided we wouldn't use quirks as weapons, that's when heroes came in, they could do what we couldn't, if they were licensed of course. It would be impossible for the police to condone the use of deadly quirks, after all, we're here to stop such harm from being done. The only reason pros can use their powers now is because of the strict codes of ethics of the early heroes chose to oblige by. That's why it's against the law for uncertified people to use their quirks to cause injury. Whether you were up against the hero killer or not, none of you have the authority to harm the villain. That means the four of you and your supervisors, Endeavour, Manual and Gran Torino, are sure to receive harsh punishment for this gross abuse of your power." The chief explained.