Chapter 23

"And so, the downfall of optimistic teenage telepath began." Hajime sighed, she finally she'd a little light on her life before UA. To her, it was only fair, considering she knew everything about Shinsou.

"Wow." Shinsou said in disbelief. "I wasn't expecting that when I asked you to have coffee with me."

"Guess I've just been dying to tell someone my side of it." She shrugged. "Sorry to push it into your head though. I just panicked a little after Bakugo made a remark about the interview, and when I told you about it, you seemed curious."

"It's fine. It's refreshing to learn something about you, you're always so closed off."

"Like your one to talk, mr 'I didn't come here to make friends'." Hajime scoffed, remembering their first encounter.

"Didn't you call our whole class, pathetic losers?" He countered.

"Touché." The girl smirked before drinking the last of her coffee. "Well, at least summer vacation's in a few days. And I can finally take a break."

"I thought you were enjoying the hero course?" Hitoshi questioned.

"I am, but my classmates are clingy."

'Now you know how I feel.' The boy thought, smirking at Kokoro's shocked expression.

"Cmon, it's getting late. I'll walk you home." He then changed the subject, and initiated their journey. Hajime smiled and complied, she'd rather keep her house a secret from her classmates but Hitoshi was the only exception. He was calm, collected and wouldn't show up at her doorstep on a daily basis, demanding she join him. Even if Himiko's tendencies were annoying, Hajime still found the girl adorable.

Soon enough, they arrived at the Hajime's home and as soon as she reached the driveway, Ichiro burst through the front door.

"Run before it's too late." Kokoro warned him, however, Shinsou was unaware of her seriousness.

"Ooooooooo~ Ko brought a boy home~" Ichiro practically yelled, alerting the rest of the family of her presence.

"What would you like me to carve into your gravestone? Maybe we could get matching ones after my parents kill us." The telepath rolled her eyes.

"Ko? Who is that boy?" Hina asked cheerfully.

"You were in the sports festival. Yeah your that mind control guy!" Ichiro shouted, punching his fist into the air at his own genius.

'So this is the lowlife that my daughter helped in the sports festival? I will make his life hell.'

"Please don't." Kokoro looked towards her father. "Anyways, this is Shinsou. My friend." She introduced.

"Nice to meet you Shinsou, I'm Hina Hajime." The woman introduced. "Say, we happened to cook extra food tonight, would you like to stay for dinner?" She then asked.

'Kokoro? What do I do?' Shinsou pleaded.

"We're having Sukiyaki. I can read your mind so it's ok if you wanna go." Hajime communicated.

"Kokoro, are you speaking to him telepathically?" Ren scolded.

"Hurry and answer."

"Actually, if you don't mind, I'd love to stay." Hitoshi finally answered.

"And I was only telling him what was on the menu." The other teen defended. "Sukiyaki."

"Yay! Come in Shinsou! I wanna show you my quirk!" Ichiro yelled.

"Damn, you missed the perfect opportunity to run." The girl snickered as the indigo haired boy got dragged inside the house.

It took a few minutes until the food was ready, but when I was, Shinou was finally freed from Ichiro's grasp, the 'no quirks at the table' rule came in useful at last. When there was finally silence, the group said their thanks and began to dig in.