Chapter 4

The next part of the sports festival was about to begin and it had once again been announced using a randomiser. 'Why bother, if you already know what the next task is.' Thought the telepath as she listened to Midnights over exaggeration.

"42 of you managed to qualify to the next round. Prepare for your nest test, a cavalry battle. Those of you at the top will suffer the most, of course that's something you'll hear over and over again at UA, show us what plus ultra really means." The teacher said with a smile. "Izuku Midoriya placed first in the qualifier, he'll be worth ten million." The telepath couldn't help but feel sorry for the kid, all eyes were on him and he was going to be a huge target for his classmates. "First years, these are the rules of the cavalry battle, the game itself will last 15 minutes, your teams points will add to your total, each of you will know by your headbands. Swipe as many headbands as you can to raise your teams score. Stolen headbands will be worn from the neck up, so the more you steal, the harder it will be to manage them, and another thing, if your headband is stolen or your team falls down, you can keep playing until times up. This is going to be rough, you may use your quirks as much as you like. But there are still rules, make the team fall off on purpose and I'll slap you with a red card, you'll be disqualified. Now you've got 15 minutes to form your team, I recommend you get started." Midnight explains.

The team formation was going to be key in their teams victory so the two had to work fast to pick the perfect teammates for the task. "Hmm, it looks like class 1B have been strategising for a while, they came up with a solid proof plan however they will need to work harder to get more points." The green haired girl said to her partner. He looked up at her as they both observed the people who were already getting chosen for teams.

"If you don't decide quickly, there won't be anyone left." Shinsou said, irritating the telepath.

"Those two." She says while pointing towards two blondes from 1A. "The one with the belt would be the front of our formation and he will use his naval laser to defend against head on attacks. The other will be positioned at the back of the formation with me and use his tail to block off any hidden attacks that I will be able to sense. You will be the rider and try to snatch as many head bands as you can." She said while dragging Shinsou towards the two blondes. He swiftly nodded his head as they quickened their pace.

Their first teammate would be Yuga Aoyama. Shinsou made him join the team easily, so they quickly walked their way over to the other boy. Mashirao Ojiro was next to join the team, Kokoro found it quite unsettling to see their eyes look so lifeless but she did commit to doing whatever it takes to win. "Ok let's try this out. Aoyama is at the front, me and Ojiro at the back, and Shinsou the rider, I'd say this formation is pretty solid." She complimented her own witty and quick thinking.

"Do we have a strategy?" Asked her indigo haired teammate.

"What would we do without one, my sleep deprived friend?" She teased. "Well actually the strategy is to stay as far away from team Todoroki as possible. He plans to immobilise and trap the teams that are close to him and get rid of any opponents who also want to ten million. So I'd say that we wait until the teams are immobilised, then we take any headbands that we can manage to collect."

Shinsou nodded and they took a glance at the timer to see how much time they had left. "We still have half the time left, so, tell me what we are gonna do until Todoroki freezes the others." He insisted.

"We defend, that's why I chose these guys, the tail can defend against attacks from behind and the naval laser can defend against head on attacks. I can read the thoughts of anyone who comes near us, so surprise attacks aren't an issue. However class 1B are my main concern. We're gonna be easy targets for them." Kokoro paused and glanced at the teams around her. "They wanted to place low in the first challenge so that they could have the opportunity to be overlooked in this one. Our main priority is to defend where as they want to attack the lower headbands. It gets even worse when they are all working together."