Chapter 71

Everything happened quickly, from sterilising the suit to dumping it in local bins. Kokoro thought something so nerve wracking would have a long duration, but it didn't, one walk, and it was over.

Although the evidence was decimated, she couldn't help but cling onto everything that'd happened to her. The thoughts of those around her weren't entirely helpful either. Chieko said she'd noticed a change in her, and beckoned her to reveal the secret she was hiding, Kokoro didn't crack, she couldn't. One wrong move and everything she'd done could be revealed. It was terrifying.

Sneakily, the telepath strolled through the corridors of the dormitory, she'd rarely been outside her room, instead of socialising, she'd tried to bury her head in books, but now her inventory was thinning, she needed to go on a trip. So when everyone saw her for the first time in a while, thoughts went wild, centralising the mind reader.

'Hajime?'

'I thought she was on a date with Shinsou?'

'That looks like a breakup face, this could be my chance.'

"I'm going out." She informed the bunch, who were painfully aware each of the groups thoughts were being overheard.

"Huh?" Mina jumped to her feet, observing the state of the telepath. For someone who'd locked herself in her own room for a few days, she didn't look any different. Hair tossed into a messy bun, earring scattered all the way to the tips of her pointy ears, and a tote tossed over her shoulder. She looked like herself, if not better. "You going on a date?" The girl asked, presuming that the rumours were true and Kokoro had gone through a rough breakup.

"No." The telepath answered. "Hitoshi and I are still dating, who started that rumour?" She asked but then quickly discovered the culprit. "Kaminari."

Frantically, the boy waved his arms around, trying to defend himself. "Why'd you assume it was me?" He retorted, almost offended. In a simple manner, Kokoro pointed at her temples, hinting her quirk. "Oh, right. But still..."

"Then where're you going?" Mina asked again, her loudness spiked the attention of a few others, including Momo, Jiro and Sero, who were previously watches television.

"The library, I ran out of things to read." She shrugged.

"Seriously?" Mina seemed disappointed. "I sometimes forget that under all that badassery, you're a nerd." She laughed in a playful way.

"Reading helps you get smarter, maybe you should pick up a book or two, you could learn something." The green haired girl replied, trying to keep up her act of amusement, when in reality, she just wanted to blast her music and go read another book. Instead of arguing, Mina displayed her immaturity by sticking out her tongue.

"Haji, can I tag along? I need to pick up some manga for me and Roki." Sero got to his feet.

"Sure, but don't keep me waiting." She reluctantly agreed, luckily Sero wasn't as talkative as the others, he knew how to hold a conversation and knew when it was best to keep quiet. A nice combination that she enjoyed in people.

"Thanks." He ran to his dorm room. Leaving Hajime awkwardly awaiting him.

"Anyone heard from Midoriya yet?" Jiro wondered. "I figured if anyone were to know anything, it'd be you, right?" She looked towards Kokoro. She wasn't wrong, Kokoro knew exactly what his condition was and how he was feeling, but he was getting better.