Chapter 68

The one day in which Kokoro managed to sleep uninterrupted, she missed her opportunity. She knew her classmates mission would be spontaneous, but she hoped it wouldn't be in the middle of the night, to her dismay, it was. Meaning as soon as she found out, Hajime had to quickly change and run to Aya's antique shop, trusting Kaminari to relay that she was at her internship.

"Aya, wake up!" She knocked on the door loudly, but the lights remained off. Trying again, she went up the fire escape and tried the roof, which luckily was open. "Aya, it's happening now, I've got to go." She alerted, suddenly seeing the woman in her dressing gown and slippers.

"Why the hell are you here at this hour!? I'm old dammit!" The woman yelled, not caring for her neighbours sleep.

"I told you there was a mission, it's happening right now. I need the suit." Kokoro demanded, already way behind schedule. The heroes were probably already on the scene, meanwhile she wasn't even equipped.

"Then go get the damn suit." Aya replied and stepped out of the way so the younger could go to the other room. "Kokoro, are you sure that you're ready for this? It's a very big step. Especially since you can't use you're quirk so openly."

"Of course I'm ready for this. Why else would I put myself in danger?" She responded from the other side of the door.

"Maybe because your classmates are in danger." Aya suggested. "You're making this personal, aren't you?"

"So what? They're in danger, and I'm going to help them. Is there anything wrong with that?" The telepath questioned, finally opening the door with her mask still in hand.

"It's dangerous, don't let your judgement be clouded. And don't converse with any of them." Aya informed, trusting Hajime. However, it was all a ruse. In reality, Aya was unsure whether Kokoro could fill her role as a vigilante, it was as though she was meant to be a hero. Selfless beyond logic.

"I know what I'm doing." Kokoro slotted on her mask. "I'll be back, uninjured and safe." She reassured the older woman, then she suddenly left the building.

"Bullshit." Aya muttered. She didn't want this, she wanted a successor who shared her ideals, but Kokoro wasn't that. Although she was fully aware of the dangers and corruption in the world, she continued to be a hero. Aya assumed she would focus more on vigilantism, but clearly, she'd chosen the wrong kid, and jeopardised her future. She was selfish, and too weak to fill the void she'd set for a girl who clearly wasn't in her best state of mind when they initially met. "I'm sorry Kokoro." She finally said, and took out her own mask from her hidden stash.

.
.
.

Kokoro was right when she thought she was overly late. By the time she arrived, the heroes had already invaded the building and clearly made more strides than Hajime expected them to be able to conquer alone. Fortunately, they were doing well. So instead of causing a scene, Hajime masked herself from the crowds vision and ran directly through the front door, aiming to catch up with Aizawa, Midoriya and Sir Nighteye, who all happened to be in a group together.

Thankfully, she had a perfect sense of direction and knew her destination instantly, only focusing on the thoughts of her targets, rather than the countless bystanders outside. That's when she heard a huge crash, followed by muffled voices which she assumed was her classmate's.

"Yes sir!" Midoriya yelled, now, Hajime could see them and sped up, taking out her swords in the process.

'I found them, now all I have to do is get the girl and Mirio, they're the priority.' She thought, eyeing the man with a plague mask. 'I take it he's Overhaul he'll be useless if Aizawa takes out his quirk, the man barely knows how to fight without it.'