Chapter 20

"If we're gonna win this, then we have to work together, understand?" Kokoro lectured, knowing that regardless of her words, they wouldn't accept the truth. "All Mights weaknesses, he has a respiratory injury, so I suggests you blow up a few things, let him inhale whatever crap's floating around after that. Next, he has a time limit, it's decreased since the USJ attack. And if you're gonna hit him, hit here here." The girl instructed as she lightly tapped both boys' stomachs, right where All Mights wound was.

"But, of course, you already knew that. Right, Midoriya?" She spoke via telepathy to Deku, masking her conversation from Bakugo.

Slowly, the doors to the fighting grounds closed and the three became fully aware that their challenge had begun. "Team Midoriya, Bakugo and Hajime, practical exam. Ready. Go." An announcer said through a speaker.

"As long as one of us manages to get out, we're safe. But knowing him, All Might's not going to give us a chance to even get out of his sight." Hajime stated, seemingly the only team member who was thinking clearly.

'I have to talk to him, we're a team, we should be discussing this. Communication is the key here.' Midoriya thought.

"Well, no shit, I've been speaking for the past few minutes and none of you have even spared me a glance." Hajime muttered.

"Kachan, listen, for this exam, the teacher is the villain and we're the heroes so we need a plan. Normally, we analyse the villains combat ability and choose to fight or run away based on that, but our villain is All Might so we don't need to choose because combat is out of the question, it'd be impossible to win a fight." Izuku tried to reason while Bakugo continued to ignore him. "It'd be a bad idea, Kachan."

"Stop following me!" The ash blonde demanded.

"All Might is probably waiting for us on this main road, we should take another route." Midoriya warned.

"Actually, he's waiting at the exit, he'll attack when he feels the timings right." Kokoro exclaimed, truly cursing Aizawa for setting her up for failure. If she was alone, then it'd be wishful thinking to say she had a chance, but with this team, it was much slimmer.

"Then we'll make the choice for him. I'm not gonna run away from this fight, it'll be better if we blast that smile off his face."

"No, we should avoid fighting him no matter what it takes!" Midoriya began to raise his voice, growing a little frustrated with Bakugo's primitive decisions.

"I'm gonna toy with him until time is almost up and then I'll knock him unconscious for real!" He continued.

Instinctively, Kokoro grabbed the back of Bakugo's shirt and held him in place. "Don't be such a dumbass, I've seen what he plans on doing. We're talking broken bones, internal bleeding, he isn't holding back. So get your head in the game!" She yelled. "I don't care if we run or fight, but whatever it is, we need to make a decision, as a group." She then informed.

"She's right, even with those handicap weights, it's impossible for you to win in a fight against him!" Midoriya yelled, running towards the boy.

Suddenly, Hajime sensed his brain contacting other areas of his body and swiftly caught the hand that was about to punch Deku. It wasn't her place to intervene in whatever their issue was, but this was getting out of hand. If they didn't work as a team, she was screwed. "Save it for All Might." Hajime said, releasing his hand and watching Midoriya take a few steps back in fear of further provoking the blonde.

"I don't want to hear another word. Just because you think you're getting stronger, doesn't mean you get to tell me what to do." He aimed towards Izuku. "And you. Stay the hell out of my head, you don't know a damn thing. It's pathetic."