Chapter 26

Finally, school was over and class 1A could take a break. The girls had arranged to go visit the pool, however, the telepath politely declined their invite, she still held a slight grudge and wanted some time to clear her head before the training camp, where everyone would find out her quirk.

"Is it just me, or is Kokoro acting weird lately?" Mina asked, bouncing the volleyball to Ochako.

"What was her excuse for not coming today?" The brunette questioned.

"I think it was something along the lines of  'I can't think of a bigger waste of time.' Rude." Tsuyu replied, before hitting the ball with her tongue.

"Did something happen?" Hagakure pressed the matter.

"Maybe we should ask Shinsou?" Mina teased, soon noticing the guilty looks on the quieter girls' faces. "What did you do?" She immediately concluded.

"Huh? We didn't do anything, I don't know what you're talking about." Momo blurted rapidly and nervously.

"You're lying." The frog quirk user accused.

"She told us her quirk, and we freaked out. I know it's harsh, but we were shocked, and didn't know what to say." Jiro answered, but having the decency to hide Kokoro's quirk.

"Why don't you just apologise?" Mina suggested, making Jiro and Momo look at her in surprise. "She was scared to tell us, right. And you made her feel bad about her quirk by freaking out, so just apologise and go back to being friends. Then we can all dance it out at camp!" The girl cheered, yet giving great advice at once.

.
.
Meanwhile
.
.

"They're such assholes!" Hajime punched her gloved hand towards Shinsou, who managed to block just in time. "Nice block by the way." She complimented. The two students were training in the schools gym, sparring and working on their techniques.

"Thanks." Shinsou replied, before receiving another punch to his face, his distraction gave Hajime an opening.

"Well don't just stand there, pretty boy." Hajime teased. "Strike back."

So he did. More so, he tried. As soon as he threw a fake punch, Hajime ignored and followed the feigned punch, managing to avoid the real one. Once she was behind Hitoshi, the girl kicked the back of his knees, forcing him to the floor.

"You said you'd train me, not use me as a punching bag." The mind controller groaned. "Can you show me some techniques?"

"Sorry, I shouldn't be taking my frustration out on you." The telepath apologised, offering a hand to help her friend to his feet.

"So let's get this straight, you told them your quirk and their thoughts went straight to villainy and uselessness?" Shinsou asked for reassurance on the matter.

"Precisely." She got back into a fighting position.

"And you're mad at them because they can't control their own thoughts?" He quirked a brow, him saying it like that made Hajime feel slightly stupid.

"Well, when you put it like that..." She trailed off. "Why don't we ditch the gloves, I'll only defend and you can strike?" She switched the topic, making a mental note to consider what Shinsou had advised.

'Either way, I'm going to get hurt.' Hitoshi rolled his eyes.

"You will if you stick with that attitude." Hajime smirked, getting into a defensive position.

The challenge was accepted when Shinsou struck his first punch, Hajime elegantly dodging. Next came a kick, aiming towards her ribs, which she caught in a swift motion before twisting his leg, forging the boy to fall to the ground. But before Hajime could taunt her friend, she felt his next move, and timed herself to jump over his legs perfectly. However, a secondary kick came from the ground, Hajime decided to give him an opportunity, allowing Shinsou to knock her off her feet. Without hesitation, Shinsou rested his knee on her stomach and place his hands on her biceps.

"How's that?" He said with cheek.

"Nearly." Hajime smiled back, bringing up her legs and wrapping them around his neck, soon changing their positions so the girl was now pinning him to the ground. "See how much you've improved?" She smiled, admiring her own teaching skills along with Hitoshi's learning.

"I had a good teacher." He complimented, locking his eyes onto Hajime's yellow irises. He'd never realised how her eyes looked slightly golden in the amber light, nor had he ever took notice of the faint freckles she had because of the sun.

'She's beautiful.' He thought, forgetting Hajime could hear everything. However, he decided to leave the mental comment be, it would only add more awkwardness to try and cover up something he wanted to think. So instead, Hajime continued to restrain him, in shock of what she'd heard, but she wasn't unhappy at all.

A faint clapping was heard close by, Aizawa stood in the door way, holding his hands together and maintaining his usual scowl. But the telepath knew he was proud of Shinsou, he couldn't hide from her.

"She's right, you've improved, both of you." He complimented. "But the gyms closing now, I suggest you leave before I lock the door." He turned and grabbed the door handle, forcing the students to quickly grab their bags and sprint towards the exit. "And Hajime." Aizawa signalled before the two left his side.

"Hm?"

"Next time, don't hold back." The teacher said quietly, he could tell that she'd allowed Shinsou to knock her off her feet.

"I'll consider it." She answered as she caught up with her friend. "When we become heroes, we should work together, form our own agency or something." Hajime said out of the blue, it was a good thought.

"Huh, Mind-Bind and Brain-Wave?" He tested the name.

"And we could scout people with similar quirks to ours, teach them that their quirks are heroic." She offered.

"What would an agency like that even be called?" Shinsou asked.

"Well, clearly we've established that you're great at picking names. Washer-Head." The girl stifled a laugh, watching as Hitoshi tried his hardest to look angry at the remark, but she was aware of how amused he was.

"Well since we use our heads, why not the Logistic Heroes." He suggested, to which Hajime couldn't tell if he was joking.

"That makes us sound like a legal support agency." Kokoro laughed. "Whatever, we won't need a fancy name for our agency, besides, they'll know us for being in the top ten." She smirked, it was a goal she clung to.

'I've got to actually get into the hero course before I even consider that goal.' Shinsou negatively thought.

"Don't be so gloomy, you'll get in. And I'll be teaching you everything I learn at camp." She promised. "Plus, I can take you there anytime, you can go through the exact same training as the hero course will." The telepath said, Ragdoll had allowed Himiko at her camp a few times, so she'd surely allow Hitoshi to train there too.

"I'll hold you to that." He assured.

"I'm counting on it." Hajime returned. "Anyways, this is where we part ways. Farewell my pessimistic friend." She bowed dramatically and turned in the direction of her house, she had a lot of packing ahead of her.