Chapter 46

It took a while for the rest of the school to filter back into classes, but finally, general studies class were back, which meant Kokoro could spend her lunch peacefully. She still hadn't formally thanked Hitoshi for his contribution to her room. Which she was planning on doing when she first saw him.

"Hey sleepy head." She manoeuvred her way through the crowds.

"Hey smart-ass." He looked up at her as she sat opposite him.

"Well, it's safe to say, I need a break after sitting with my class for lunch. I also need coffee but the dorms don't have the same blend as Ichiro. Plus, it would probably be good for me to get a decent sleep." She rambled on, not realising what she was doing.

"Kokoro, you sound like Midoriya." Shinsou revealed.

"Shit." The telepath cursed. "I told you I was spending too much time with them."

"Lucky for you, I'm around now. Which means training, food and coffee dates." Hitoshi stated, soon regretting some of his list. "Not that they're dates. It's just a common term. Yeah?"

"I get it." Her lips formed a smile. But she wasn't supposed to do this, Hitoshi was her friend, pursuing this could jeopardise what they had. "Wanna go for a coffee date tonight? I'm thinking 5 ish?"

"Your curfew is at 6, we won't exactly have a ton of time together." The boy said. "Maybe we should just head there straight after class?"

But Hajime couldn't do that. Not with her therapy sessions, which were actually getting more and more detailed, even if Chieko did try to casually bring up her kidnapping every so often. It was a setback, and although she was making progress, she still vowed never to talk about what really happened.

"I can't." Kokoro denied. "I have this thing everyday at 4, it can last up to an hour so I think it's best we settle for 5."

"What thing?"

'Shit, I shouldn't be so pushy.' He then backtracked.

"Never mind, forget I asked." Hitoshi changed. "So your previsional license exam is soon, right?"

Kokoro squinted at him, surely he hadn't given up so easily. However, he had, and maybe it started to make her feel guiltier than she should. "You're allowed to ask questions. If I don't want to answer, then I'll just out right say it. If you want to know, then I'll tell you when we get coffee, okay?"

"Only if you want to." Shinsou emphasised her approval of the situation, which even if she'd already established telling him, she enjoyed his kindness. "So, you said your sleeps been messed up. Is it because of the dorms?" He changed to subject.

"Yeah, I usually just take sleeping pills like I did at camp, but I don't want to rely on them too much. Plus, when I do sleep, I see some weird shit. I can't fully control my telepathy, so sometimes I get dragged into peoples dreams. It's weird."

'That actually sounds so cool. I wonder what it's like.'

"It's shitty." Hajime answered. "And no, I will not enter your dreams." She shut him down before he could even ask the question.

"What's it like? Can you change the dream? Can they see you?" He wondered, because in all fairness, they were good questions to ask, not even Kokoro knew exactly how it worked.

"I've never really interacted with the dreamer before, I just observe, or wake up, depending on who's dream it is." The telepath answered, then suddenly, she felt the presence of someone she'd seen before, hopefully bringing good news.

"Well, what dreams have you se-"

"Helloooooo!" A pink haired girl bounced onto the seat beside Hajime, more excited than she'd been the previous day.

"Hitoshi, this is Hatsume, she's making me a support item." The teen introduced an over excited Hatsume to a shocked Shinsou.

"Yup! And I have great news!" Hatsume yelled, earning a few glares from the students beside their lunch table. "I was able to fix the goggles, now all I need is to check if these fit your ears. May I?" She asked, lifting the goggles out of her bag, Kokoro nodded and the inventor placed the sound nullifying device in her ear, seeing if it fit right. "Can you hear me?"

"Slightly, it's nullifying most of the sound though, so it works." The telepath answered.

"Not good enough! All the sound must be nullified." She examined the earpiece and soon found the issue. "Yup, I was right about you ears being a different shape, looks like there's a gap. No worries, I'll tweak it and get it to you before the previsional licence exam."

"That'd be great."

'Who is she? I remember her gadgets from the sports festival, so Kokoro must trust her to ask for help. But if Kokoro needs a support item, I wonder if I'll need one?' Hitoshi thought, catching Hajime's radar.

"Hatsume, have you met Shinsou?" Kokoro began.

"Never heard of ya!"

"He was the first contestant in the sports festival, remember?"

"Oh the guy who nearly made broccoli hair leave the ring? Your quirk is cool, I have the perfect baby in work for a quirk like yours." Mei giggled manically as she pictured her support item in making.

"But I'm not in the hero course. And I didn't tell you how my quirk works, or ask for a support item. Did you?" Shinsou turned to Hajime, who shook her head.

"I watch fights and make support items from there, helps me when I get inventors block. So anyways, I figured you could use a voice modulator, so you can mimic other peoples voices and control your enemy from there. So they won't even know it's you. Isn't it genius!?" Hatsume cheered and jumped out of her seat, this girl was drawing a lot of unwanted attention to the duo, but still, she was helping them, so the two didn't really mind.

"Actually." Shinsou thought aloud. "That is genius."

"Awesome! Be sure to come to me when you become a pro. And tell everyone how cool I am!" Hatsume pointed her thumb towards herself. "Well, I'll work on the stuff now, see you around insomniacs!"

"How did she know we were insomniacs?" Hitoshi whispered as soon as the support course student left.

"She's way too smart. Also, we look insanely tired, like, all of the time." Kokoro answered. "So, tonight at five?"

"Yeah, sounds good to me. I'll pick you up from your dorm and we can walk there together." He agreed, and the sound of the school bell rang, meaning their time was up.

"Cool, see you then." She waved.