Chapter 15

Within no time, hero basic training class had begun, everyone except Iida wore their hero costumes, eager to show how much they'd improved. Hajime was a very skilled fighter and her endurance was close to that of Aizawa's, but unlike her classmates, her quirk wouldn't be any use in a race. Today, she'd have to rely on her weapon.

"I am here! Hope you're ready for your lessons. Today is hero basic training. Feels like I haven't seen you in a while, welcome back. Now then, listen carefully for what's in store. We're going to be constructing a little race, take everything you've learned from your internships and apply it to this rescue training." All Might declared.

'Awesome, I'll finally be able to show All Might how much I've improved.' Deku's thoughts beamed into the telepaths head.

'Lucky son of a bitch actually learnt something while I had to play babysitter.' Kokoro resented.

"If it's rescue training, then shouldn't we be in the USJ instead?" Iida asked.

"That facility specialises in disasters. I said earlier that this was a race. Prepare, you're about to enter field gamma. A dense area filled with factories laid out like an intricate labyrinth. You'll break up into four five person groups and go through the training one group at a time. When I send out a distress signal from somewhere inside, you'll start at once from the outskirts of the city! It's a race to see who will rescue me first! Of course, you'll have to keep damage to buildings to a minimum." All Might concluded, pointing at Bakugo for obvious reasons.

"Don't point at me." Bakugo muttered.

"All right, first group, get in place." The number one ordered.

While the others were preparing to race, the green haired girl decided to strategise. She knew where All Might would be setting off the signal, so she had a somewhat advantage, however, she wouldn't be able to leave until th e signal was fired so her upper hand would be instantly cancelled out. Of course, there was also the fact that it was a labyrinth, she already knew her way around just by taking a glance into the symbol of peaces mind. The smart ones would go above ground, however Kokoro had a different take on her embark.

"Iida hasn't completely recovered yet, right? He should just watch."

"This group has everyone in the class with good mobility."

"Hmm, perhaps Midoriya is at a slight disadvantage."

"That's true. Honestly, I'm still not sure how good he is."

"And whenever he does something, he always gets badly injured."

"Who do you think'll win? I think Sero will be first!" Kirishima asked the crowd of spectators.

"But Ojiro's there too."

"I think it'll be Ashido, she's really athletic!"

"Deku's gonna be last." Bakugo stated, not knowing of his rivals recent improvement.

"On a normal day, Midoriya would win, but since he's too distracted, it's likely he'll fuck it up. So I'm gonna agree with Kirishima on this one." Hajime observed, angering the blonde beside her.

"What did you just say?" Bakugo lifted a brow, concerned of her reasoning.

"I don't like repeating myself. You'll see in a few seconds." The telepath informed. She wanted Midoriya to win and prove everyone wrong, but he was way too distracted from the pressure to think clearly, a mistake was inevitable.

"Even if he's injured, I think it'll be Iida." Ochako hypothesised, earning a tibbit from her frog quirked friend.

"Okay, here we go! Start!" All Might signalled. The opponents were quick to jump into action as soon as the horn alerted them of All Might's location.