Chapter 64

After looking into Midoriya's mind, Kokoro was sickened. There was a little girl in danger, and Midoriya had to leave her behind, it was heartbreaking, only she knew what he was going through, the others had to keep to themselves. Everyone knew being a hero was stressful, but to go through such an event on your first day? It was unbelievable. But Hajime couldn't intervene, if anyone found out that Midoriya was openly speaking about an investigation, he'd lose his work study, so she kept to herself.

.
.
.

"Aya?" Kokoro called it once she'd entered the shop, but she figured she'd have to wait until the last customer made their purchase.

"Just one moment young lady." Aya replied. "And here's your change. Have a good day sir." The old woman handed the customer the cash. Once he left, Kokoro flipped the open sign on the door and rushed to Aya's side.

"How soon do you think I can start patrolling? Or maybe sneak into a heroes private investigation?" She instantly asked, not getting into the details just yet.

"Slow down." Aya scolded, then took a deep breath. "You're ready to patrol, however, why would you need to sneak into a private investigation? You need to at least handle a few patrols before then."

"Great, I've got a week." Kokoro walked into the back room, leaving Aya dumbfounded.

"Kokoro!" The old woman yelled, she didn't often do that. "Explain. Now."

"A few people in my class also do work studies, and one of them is helping Sir Nighteye with a private investigation on the Yakuza. I recently found out that the Yakuza are holding a 6 year old girl captive and it's highly likely they're experimenting on her. She was covered in bandages, and it looked as though her hair hadn't been cut for months, who knows how long she's been there." Kokoro explained to her teacher. "I want to help them, I need to. But I can only do that with your help. Please."

Aya thought for a moment, it was a big decision to make, but she could support her. There wasn't much training to cover as Hajime was already skilled in combat and easily figured out how to use the swords, her hero weapon must have been similar. Plus, after hearing about a kidnapped girl, how could she not intervene? Kokoro would have to be heartless or terrified to turn a blind eye to that.

"Tell me what you know about the enemy, strategy is very important." The old woman replied.

"The group is called the Shie Hassaikai and the leader is Overhaul, also known as Kai Chisaki. In my eyes, he's the most dangerous, I don't think the heroes will stand a chance against him. His quirk is overhaul and it allows him to dismember and reassemble the things he touches, including people. Then there's the eight bullets, basically his underlings who all have crazy quirks. But there's something else, I think it's what they're using the girl for, but my telepathic range doesn't go that far so this is just a hunch. They have quirk erasing bullets, so far, they're not permanent, but they could be." The girl summarised her analysis, she found out about the bullets from Chieko, who'd seen her other patient before her.

"If there's a private investigation, you're obviously going to have to attack with them, there's no way I'm allowing my successor in there alone. Maybe one day, when you're as skilled as the original, I'd allow it. But it'll take years for you to get to that level." Aya advised. "In order to do that, we need to rebuild our image. I think that should start now."

"How do you suggest we do that?" Hajime wondered, Samurai worked in the shadows, not many people knew of her existence in the present day since she'd retired over 20 years ago.

"Go and put on the suit, then meet me back downstairs. It's time."

Hurriedly, Hajime ran up the stairs to Aya's apartment and quickly put on the suit, tying every ribbon carefully. Eventually, she approached the biggest issue, her hair. It was a hassle, but she eventually managed to put it in a net and then put a black head wrap over her head to conceal her bright green hair. Once complete, she tied on her hat and slotted on her mask.