Chapter 24

It was now the final day of school but Hajime's thoughts lay elsewhere. Everything seemed wrong after finally confronting her mother, her beliefs were starting to differentiate. The words hero and villain losing their meanings and new questions being formed.

'Was Himiko even to blame? No, she couldn't choose her quirk.' She thought as she placed on her uniform. 'Is Endeavour even a hero? I've seen Todoroki's thoughts, none of it should be allowed.'

"Think fast." Ichiro said, throwing the usual flask Kokoro took to school. Luckily, her quick reflexes allowed her to catch the flask, realising the situation after the catch.

"Hey! What would've happened if I hadn't caught that?" She scolded.

"You always catch it, stop being such a baby." The boy stuck his tongue out and ran away.

"Thanks for the coffee." She communicated to her brother, regardless of he slight anger and frustration.

'Maybe I should make some more for Shinsou~' He teased.

"Actually, that would be nice."

'I love you Hitoshi~' Ichiro then mimicked.

Instead of arguing again, Kokoro decided to ignore it, showing any attention to the situation would cause further annoyance. So when she was ready, the telepath made her way downstairs and caught another flask of coffee from Ichiro. Then, Kokoro began her walk to school, headphones resting in her ears once again.

However, this walk was unusual. Normally, she ignored the faults of her city, but now she couldn't help but notice. Everything seemed wrong.

"Hi." Shinsou greeted at the UA gates.

"Hey, I brought you something. A way of apologising for some of the drama I managed to cause when you were over." She took out a flask of coffee handing it to her friend.

"Wow, didn't expect you to be so thoughtful." He observed the flask, smelling to alluring air.

"Ichiro's idea, I'm only the delivery girl." She took a sip of her own and began journeys to their home room classes. Kokoro desperately wanted to tell him, or frankly anyone, about her recent set of thoughts, she needed someone to confide in and hopefully convince her that she was wrong, but how exactly would Shinsou react? Well, she already party knew the answer. He would be scared at first, but also understanding since she knew others thoughts, but ultimately, he'd tell Aizawa, which would be reasonable. So the girl kept her mouth shut.

"You're unusually quiet today. Something wrong?" Shinsou asked.

"Nope, I'm fine." She lied in response.

"One of these days I'm going to figure out your tell." He began. "Everyone has a lie tick, right?"

"I'm a telepath who is in complete sync with my own body, I don't think I have have a tell." Kokoro made an excuse, before reaching her class door. "This is me, I'll see you at lunch?" She offered, to which her friend nodded.

However, the mind reader was too distracted to realise the mess she'd walked into. Four people were crying, some tried containing it but Mina didn't hold back her tears, clearly upset. Where as Kirishima tried to remain 'manly'.

"Everyone, I'm so excited to hear your stories about camp." The pink haired girl whimpered.

"Maybe they'll end up letting you go, there might be a last minute twist or something." Midoriya suggested, only Hajime knew that his thought was true, she could hear Aizawa from the staff room, mentally instructing her not to tell.