Chapter 34

The situation itself was beyond chaotic, factoring in the fact that the only person talking to her had a split personality, Hajime didn't know how to react. Dabi on the other hand, seemed calm, he didn't care for the situation, as long as he got what he wanted. Hajime wasn't stupid, she'd read their minds the second she'd got the chance, so in a way, she felt terrible.

It wasn't her fault that the villains had been dealt a bad hand, but somehow, she took the blame. All her life, she'd known there were monsters and liars in the world, but she didn't nothing to stop them. Instead, she wanted to be like some of them, a hero. However, she wasn't like Endeavour or the other corrupt false idols, she wanted to be the change in the world.

"It's ironic." She initiated a conversation. "I finally figure out why I want to be a hero, after getting kidnapped by villains." A slight sad chuckle escaped her lips.

"And why's that?" Dabi asked her, though he didn't truly care.

"I want to change the world."

"No way! Same." Twice interrupted. "We're nothing alike."

"In that case, you'd fit right in." The scarred man answered. He was right, the league of villains wanted to change the world too, their approach however, was less peaceful.

'That's what I'm afraid of.' Hajime thought she didn't want to end up like them, not after everything she'd worked for. But worst of all, she hated how she agreed with their ideology.

Suddenly, some footsteps were heard close by, they sounded as though they were skipping. "Woah, I'm the first one here? Cool." She cheered. It was Toga. "Huh, for some reason, I thought you'd be harder to catch." She looked at her childhood friend.

"The brat just gave up." Dabi explained. "After threatening to kill us."

"That figures, she's always had a temper, I'm glad handy man sees it too." Himiko cheered. "So Koko, how've you been?"

"Shitty, ever since you left, everything's changed." Hajime answered.

"So you missed me?"

Hajime didn't answer, because she didn't want to lose the dignity she'd held onto. She couldn't openly admit that she missed her murderous friend, especially as an aspiring hero.

"Why did you leave me?" Kokoro asked after dodging away from an attempted hug.

"Huh?"

"We were best friends, and I didn't even get a goodbye?" Hajime pressed. "I found you, and you ran away. At first, I tried to see if Saito was alive, then I tried giving CPR. It didn't work. So I had to tell everyone how it was you who did it. I got signed up for therapy for months, I had to give interviews and talk shit about you. Do you know how much that hurt?" The girl snapped. Not even she realised how angry she was at Toga for leaving, most of the time, she felt sad, but this was new.

"Are you angry? At me?" Toga asked, surprised aswell.

"I don't fucking know anymore." The telepath answered, trying hard not to cry. Everything was happening far too fast, she'd been kidnapped, found out her Auntie was being tortured, and now she was face to face with the girl who managed to switch her life for better and for worse. What was she supposed to do?

Slowly, the blonde girl drew closer to Hajime, far more cautious than previously. Because unlike the last hug, this one wasn't just a show, she genuinely meant it. Kokoro read her mind, sensing the sincerity of the hug, so she accepted it. For the first time in a while, she felt at peace.

"There, there, Koko." Himiko soothed. "Don't worry, when you officially join the league, we'll never leave each others sides. It'll be just like middle school, only this time, I'll be able to kill whoever gets in our way. We'll be unstoppable."