1

(Y/n) POV:

Nothing was ever the same after he had left to become an Idol, no one had faith in him, except me. He had left me for something he had loved more than his own family, at times. And eventually he had made it, he made it to the idol world. It all started June 12, 2013, and it only continued to grow. I had only grown and grown prouder of him since he left. 

Once they had debuted, I couldn't feel happier for the seven, but I hadn't seen my brother in years. I had always wanted to go and follow after my own dreams like my brother had successfully done, but I'm being kept behind by the same parents that tried to keep him back. I can't blame them; he hasn't been back to see us since he had left. 

Only one could be so resentful of the life gained. And part of me, is resentful of it. 

"YAH! Get up you kid!" I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling, my arms crossed across my chest as I took a few deep breaths before responding. 

"I'm awake!" I yelled back as I flung the sheets off of my body, the warmth leaving me like an old friend with the cold hitting my skin. I sat up swinging my feet off the side of the bed, scratching my head as I slipped my slides onto my feet. 

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand next to my bed as I stood up from my bed, my feet dragging the ground as I left my safe haven of a room. "What is it?" I asked groggily as I plopped down on the couch, both parents sitting at the table eating dinner. 

What was remaining of the sunlight shining through the windows, the slight warmth of the sun giving little kisses across my skin as I smiled at the warmth. "You're just like your brother before he left, staying up all night playing on that stupid piano doing god knows what," My father spat as he shoved food in his mouth, "Next thing we know, you'll leave us and never respond to our texts and calls!" He exclaimed as he pointed the spoon at me, and I rolled my eyes. 

"I'm just expressing my feelings through music DAD, just let me be," I sighed as I scrolled through twitter, going through the new BTS tweets and fan pages. Smiling as I noticed I had gained 400 more fans on my BTS fan page.

"Honey at some point you have to go into college," Mom smacked her food as she talked, loading her spoon back up, "What good will you do in life with music?" She asked and I lifted my eyes off of my phone as I scoffed looking at the two elders. 

"Well, Yoo-"

"Don't say your brother," Dad had cut me off as he placed his spoon down, "He got lucky, not many people succeed anyways," He laughed as he stood up, walking to the kitchen to wash his dishes. 

"I always have dancing to back me up," I commented as I put my focus back onto twitter, posting new pictures on the fan page, both of my parents laughing.

"I knew I should've never signed you up for those dance classes," Mom scoffed as she joined the man in the kitchen to clean off her dishes. "They would've only come back to bite me in the ass," She tsked her teeth as she started to make her way over to the couch. 

"We're only trying to look after you sweetheart," She patted my head as I rolled my eyes, moving my head so she would stop messing with my hair. "We just want what's best for you," Father had joined in before he disappeared into his own room. 

"Think about it huh?" Mom asked as she kissed the top of my head as I rolled my eyes, quickly leaving the couch to retreat back to my safe haven. 

I sighed as I plopped down into the rolling chair, bringing myself up to my setup placing my headphones on my head. If there was one thing I wanted to do, was to prove to my parents that I could too, succeed at being a musical genius like my older brother. 

I had only become resentful. 

***

Updated Oct 30, 2022