2

(Y/n) POV

"You stayed up again?!" My mother scolded me as she hit the back of my head, my eye twitched at the impact. "You need a proper sleep schedule! Like a normal person!" She exclaimed as she took the headphones off of my head, placing them down on the desk. The music playing through the headphones as I rolled my eyes, pressing pause. 

"What is it?" I asked as I turned to her, a blank expression on my face as I stared at her.

"I'm going out for the day, your room needs to be clean by the time I get home," She commented as her arms were crossed across her chest. I turned my chair around to look around my, spotless room and I turned back to her. 

"My room is spotless, I'm not doing shit," I commented as I put my headphones back on, the woman stomped out of my room, "Close the door!" I yelled in defeat as I felt the house shake slightly due to the front door being slammed. Standing up, I walked over to my door closing it softly as I locked it behind me. 

"Crazy bitch" I murmured as I plopped down on the chair, continuing tweaking the song I was working on.  Humming to the music as my mouse would zoom across the screen from time to time, zoning out to what I was doing.

__________

*Ting*

I hummed as I lifted my head from my desk, rubbing my eyes as I looked at my computer screen seeing the discord notification on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Quickly replying to my online friend, letting them know that I indeed was alive. Looking at the time, I yawned walking over to my bed and plopping down on it scrolling through twitter again. 

"(Y/n)!" My father knocked on the door repeatedly as I sighed. 

"What?" I asked as he unlocked the door from the outside, him peaking his head through the crack of the door. 

"Do you realize what time it is?" He asked as he looked at the watch, not knowing what time it is himself, "Food is ready," I nodded towards the kitchen and quickly left my room, leaving the door open. Light quickly entering my dark room, I groaned as I threw one of my pillows to close the door back. 

Scrolling through twitter, a Big Hit letter popped up and my mouth dropped. Never in my life did I think that they would have to find another manager, well to be honest most Army's saw this coming. There were many clips of that manager abusing the boys, but never did I think that Big Hit would do something about it. Reckon I was wrong. 

I switched over to WhatsApp to text my brother, to ask if he was okay just to see all the messages, I had sent him, with no reply back. I try to remind myself that he was busy, and being an idol isn't always easy work and having no time to themselves. Sometimes it's hard to always text your brother and update him with your life when he doesn't do the same for you. 

I had become Resentful.

__________

"I'm going out," I told my parents as I threw the hood up and over my head, throwing on a black mask as I made my way out into the dark. Slamming the front door behind me as the sound of the rain covered up the sound of the slamming door. 

10 o'clock at night, rain pouring down from the sky, slight rumbles of thunder in the distance; this was my type of weather and time of night. These types of nights are what I strive for and help give me ideas for songs or dances. They help me understand and come to terms with things. 

Although I'm my brother's biggest supporter, I'm the only one there for me at all times. It's 2017, I haven't seen my brother since 2010, Seven years it's been Seven years since he left. By myself for seven years, while my parents criticized everything he did, while I tried my best to stick to his side. Then once I graduated High School with no brother in sight, they started to criticize everything I did; Leaving me to defend myself all alone. 

Every night like this, I morn who I lost seven years ago and who I still wish I had now. Even though I'm his biggest supporter, sometimes I lose faith in him reaching out again. I couldn't blame him, they said he wouldn't make it, but he did. 

Stopping in the middle of the road, I looked up to the sky, the cold rain hitting my skin. "Yoongi," I sniffled as tears filled my eyes, "Where are you, I need you," I sighed as I looked back down at the road, now kicking a rock as I walked down the empty street. 

My phone started to vibrate in my jacket pocket, bringing it up to my ear without looking, I answered as I stopped underneath a tree trying to get some shelter for the phone call. "Hello?" I asked as I whipped down the bench so I could sit. 

"(Y/n)!" A deep voice exclaimed through the phone, and my eyes widened. 

"YOONGI!" I screeched as I jumped up from the bench now walking back and forth, my brother laughing in the background; a smile now present on my face. 

***

Updated Oct. 30, 2022