9

(Y/n) POV:

*A week later*

"You don't have to leave," The maknae line whined as we stood at the door of their dorm, Yoongi standing next to me. 

"I have to, the parents have been blowing my phone up," I chuckled as the males groaned in distaste, Yoongi grabbing my duffle bag. I walk about to each of the males giving them a slight hug before I walk back over to my older brother. 

"Can we please at least go out to eat one more time?" Jungkook asked, I looked over to Namjoon who was clearly unsure if we should or not, considering we almost got caught the last time the eight of us went out to eat.

"Maybe next time," Namjoon patted Jungkook's shoulder, the younger obviously upset about the answer. 

"It's not like I'll be gone forever, plus you have my phone number. If you guys ever need me, you can always call or text," I showed my phone before shoving it into my back pocket, putting my shoes on in the process. 

We said another set of goodbyes before Yoongi, and I walked down to my motorcycle, silence consuming the both of us. As we both reached my bike, he coughed slightly getting my attention. "Thanks," he mumbled as he handed me my duffle bag and helmet. 

"It isn't a problem, I enjoyed it," I smiled slightly at my older brother before being engulfed into a hug, taking me completely off guard, slight clicks and flashes happening in the background.

Fuck.

___________

"Yah! Why did you leave without telling us where you were going?!" My mother yelled, my father humming in agreeance as his mouth was filled with food. Them yelling at me being the least of my worries as I scrolled through twitter to see photos of Yoongi and I in the parking garage of his dorm, the pictures being littered all over my timeline.

"Sorry, I'll let you know next time," I whispered as I quickly got off the couch, walking over to my room slamming my door in the process. 'Fuck Fuck Fuck' I thought to myself as I plopped down onto the rolling chair, bringing myself closer to the desk. 

I quickly pulled up Instagram on my computer, my DM's filled with requests and over 10 thousand new 'followers'. "DAMN IT" I screamed as my fists met my desk, my head now in my hands as my leg bounced up and down. 

I know I should've expected this to happen, being the sister of someone fairly famous but Yoongi tried his best to give me some privacy like he promised me when we were younger. "LANGUAGE MIN (Y/N)!" My father yelled from the dinner table, me now flicking him off even though he can't see it. 

"Damnit Damnit Damnit," I repeated quietly as I switched over to my personal twitter to see over 20 thousand more followers, a frown forming on my face as I leaned back into my chair both of my hands covering my face as I sighed. My phone continuing to buzz non-stop in the background. 

I grabbed the jacket from the back of my chair and put my phone on silent, throwing it into one of the pockets. "I'll be back," I said as I put a black mask on, my parents yelling after me as I walked out of the house and into the streets of my hometown. I sighed as I put a beanie on and some sunglasses, heading towards my favorite ramen place.

My feet were faster than I thought as I walked inside of the Ramen place, "Hey Ms. Boo," I smiled from under my mask as I took off the beanie and sunglasses, the mask following quickly behind. 

"Hello dear," She smiled back at me as I sat down in my usual spot, her bringing me out a bowl of ramen and a glass of water. "How are you feeling?" she asked as she took a seat across from me and I slightly chuckled as my phone kept buzzing.

"I've been better, but I can't complain," I smiled at the elderly lady before eating some ramen, her humming in response as she patted my shoulder slightly. 

"And your brother?" I hummed as I thought this question would at least come up in the conversation, "You both have been all of the news today," I nodded my head as I put the chopsticks down, drinking some water before responding to her. 

"He's doing good, I don't know about right now though. His new manager and CEO are probably on his butt right now," I avoided cussing in front of her, "He got this far with keeping me a secret, kind of impressive," I laughed slightly, the elder joining me with a slight chuckle.

"Don't worry about paying for this one, it's on the house," She smiled at me as she stood up, I did a slight bow as she walked away humming a song. My phone now ringing, taking it out of my pocket I answered it without looking at who was calling.

"(Y/n) speaking," I said before I slurped some noodles.

"Are you okay?" A semi deep voice asked as I slightly chuckled at his concern.

"Yes Jaehyun, I'm okay...." I trailed off, "for now," I slurped some more noodles as he hummed.

"I know it isn't easy, but you know you have the rest of us as support. '97 line that is," I smiled as I wiped my face off. "I just wanted to check on you, see how you were handling all the attention and what not," I nodded my head as if he was across the table from me. 

"We tried to avoid it ya know," I sighed, "It was inevitable, it was going to happen at some point. I just wasn't ready for it quite yet," I shrugged my shoulders before I drank the rest of the broth in the bowl.

"I mean who would ever be ready?" Jaehyun chuckled as I joined him. 

"HYUNG HURRY UP!" A voice yelled on the other side of the phone, my laughter just continuing as Jaehyun said a quick goodbye and hanging up the phone. I sighed as I got my wallet out, putting some money on the table before I got up to walk out of the restaurant. 

I quickly put on my mask as I exited the restaurant, putting on my sunglasses then beanie next. My phone still buzzing in my jacket pocket, thunder ringing off in the distance and rain slowly trinkling down from the sky as the sun started to slightly disappear. 

"Might as well take the long way home," I whispered as I saw a small group of paparazzi near my house. I hummed as I quickly turned heel heading towards the playground as the rain started to come down quicker and quicker. 

"Welcome old friend," I welcome the rain as I sat down on a swing, slowly swinging back and forth as the sky turned a dark grey.

Resent. 

***

Updated Nov 08, 2022