35

2025

"Are you nervous or something?" Yoongi laughed as the girl looked out the window, her leg was bouncing up and down rapidly. 

She smiled at her brother, "Just a little," The girl chuckled nervously as she put her attention back onto the scenery as they drove by. It was releasing day.... after 2 long years, it was finally time. After he was put into the military, she had counted the days till he got released, till she got to see him again. 

It was hard, incredibly hard for everyone to see him leave, yet again it was hard to see everyone off. Jungkook's absence hit the hardest out of everyone for the girl, which most people would call her a traitor; but she doesn't care. All of her friends were in the services now, and she was all alone technically. Although she still had the foreign line in Seventeen, and the ones that had returned; the ones she had grown close to were still gone.

Jungkook would be the first one back, and she couldn't wait to see him. But that didn't stop the annoying thoughts that seemed to always dampen her mood. Did he miss her? Did he still care about the girl? What if he hates her now? What if-

"Stop it," Yoongi grabbed the girls' hand, his thumb going in circles on the top of it. "(Y/n), trust me when I say this, he's been waiting to see you," He smiled at his younger sister, patting her cheek lightly as they pulled through the gates. People lined the street of the camp, paparazzi as well as news stations. 

The girl reached up to the necklace around her neck, playing with the two rings that were on it. The car came to a stop, and her manager looked back at the two siblings, "Are we ready?" He asked, and the color drained from her face. She began to internally panic.

Her manager opened the door, she was greeted by the other members as they started to walk towards the field where everyone was lined up. The panicked girls' eyes wondering everywhere as she continued to play with the rings on the necklace, trying to find him. The cold air pricking her skin, turning it a slight tint of red. 

Jimin and Taehyung both got out a couple of months ago, a month apart actually. The reunion of the two was heartwarming, and now the last one left was going to be the big bomb. She had promised herself to not cry, but that was still iffy.

She felt a slight nudge on her side, (Y/n) looked over to see Jimin pointing to someone. Her eyes raced over to where he was pointing to see Jungkook, and then her eyes started to water as they had made eye contact. As soon as the army commanders dismissed the group, she ran over towards Jungkook, jumping into his embrace. There was no stopping the tears now. 

"Hey," Jungkook sniffled as he snuggled his face into the side of her neck. "How's my girl?" He asked as he ran his hand through the girl's hair, kissing her cheek in the process as she cried into his shoulder. 

"And I didn't get greeted like this? My own sister," Yoongi teased as the others walked up to the duo, she looked up and ruffled Jungkook's hair. He smiled as he looked down at the necklace, grabbing it with his empty hand. 

"And yet she was worried he didn't miss her," Taehyung scoffed earning snickers from the other boys, but the two didn't seem to listen as they were both in their own little world.

"You kept them," Jungkook smiled at the girl as he held her face in his hands, giving her a quick peck on the lips. She sniffled as she nodded her head, quickly taking the necklace off so she could take the rings off. 

As the girl was busy with the necklace, Jungkook was greeted by the rest of his group and his family. Everyone had now joined the tears of (Y/n), as they all greeted the youngest member. It had been a bittersweet moment for everyone there.