Wrong side of the law.

Ashila's P.o.v

Sirens. Police sirens to be exact, is all I can hear but what can I say, I'm sitting here on a checkout desk eating a packet of Smiths plain chips. Not my favourite but they were all out of Burger rings. My legs dangling off the side swinging to the beat of whatever indie song thats playing in the background.

Currently its 3:00am on a Monday morning and I'm spending it at Woolworths. Usually they're not open but I decided that I was a little hungry and thought it'd be a great idea to go out for a midnight snack so I may or may not have broken in. What can I say? It's not the first time. After the fifth time they just made an agreement with my dad, they won't charge and dad will just pay all damages and a little extra. You know, like a sorry note without the note.

My father doesn't even know how to write the word let alone say it.

The police car parks out front and out steps officer Barnes and officer Wilkinson. Yeah, I know the officers and I have a bit of a past with the law. Unfortunately I'm usually on the wrong side if it. They both step through the broken class door, one after the other then walk straight over to me. Officer Barnes steps forward turns around then jumps up onto the bench next to me "Ms.Summers, do you always have to be behind this".

"Oh darling, it's sweet of you to drop by but I prefer firemen. No offence boys"

Officer Barnes takes a chip and eats it then continues to scrunch his face in disgust. "No Burger rings?"

Placing the chips to the side and exhaling I reply "No, they were out"

"You know that this is the last straw with your your dad kid" I loudly exhale once again.

"I know but I can't just not have fun". Officer Wilkinson chuckles, steps forward and pulls out a pair of hand cuffs.

"Come on kid you know the drill, do I need to read you your rights or do you know them of by heart now". I jump of the counter and turn around with my hands behind my back

"Can I at least bring the chips?" I ask looking over my shoulder.

"Not this time kid."
__________________________

"ARE YOU INSANE ASHILA?!" his voice roars.

"No daddy dearest I'm your daughter" after the excruciating quite ride to the police station, the guys called my dad to come get me and you could say he wasn't to pleased with that but if you did, it'd be an understatement. A huge understatement.

We went home after some paperwork was filled out and are now currently in my dads office. Whilst pacing the room, he scolds me for what seems to be the five hundredth time. Nothing new, just the same old word he always spews out.

"Ashila I have tried to reason with you but you keep making things worse. You need to grow up. Your not in primary school anymore. Hell, a primary school kid wouldn't do that because they know it's wrong. I don't know what do to you. Your a headache. God even Penny's had enough of you."

Oh god not the step monster. I can't believe he brought her up. "Mmhm and how is the step monster". Oh crap. If he wasn't pissed before he's pissed now. He's basically blowing steam out of his ears.

"Look. I have tired with you but you have been difficult that's why I'm going to my last resort. You screw this up and your out. Got it" he then chucks a pamphlet on the table in front of me which reads 'Prescott Boarding School a place for delinquents and troubled youth'. What the actual fuck.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS DAD" I scream back. I can't believe he's picking her over me. I don't know why i'm surprised though, I guess there was always a sliver of hope he'd... what am I saying he's always been an ass.

"Deadly, daughter".