Morning sunshine.

Rylan's P.o.v

I awake to the sound the alarm from across the hall in Ashila's room. What the actual fuck. I grab my phone from where it lays on the bedside table and check the time. 6:02 am. That damn alarm has been going for two godamn minutes. What the hell wrong with that chick."What the actual fuck, turn off!" I hear her yell. All last night I replayed our meeting scene in my head. I tried to think of ways to apologise or to make it up to her but nothing fitted. Nothing felt good enough for her. Simply going over there and saying 'I'm sorry' seemed to dull for someone with such a different perspective of the world. She played by her rules, no one else's. I had finally come to the conclusion that the only way I could apologise to her I'd join her, beat her at her own game but the thing was I didn't know what her game was. I was determined to find out though.

"Are you actually fucking shitballing me right now? Turn off!" Ashila screams at her alarm clock, which is still blaring through the hall. I check my check my phone again. 6:07 am. Clearly not going to be able to get any more sleep I run a hand down my face trying to rid it of sleep. "What the dingle berries is wrong with you! Like seriously turn off".

She pauses and I hear the light sound of hitting as if she's aggressively hitting the snooze button "Okay man, I need my sleep. I'm a teenager for crying out noodles! Please. Turn. Off." I can't help but chuckle at her nicely chosen vocabulary. Chucking back the bed covers I head to my bathroom to wash away all thoughts of my miserable welcome to Ashila. Just before I close the bathroom door I hear the sound of something smashing. Well she's going to have to get a new alarm clock. I quietly think to myself.

__________________________

Stepping out of my dorm at closing the door I hear the automatic lock click, I turn around and see a very unhappy looking Ashila. "Morning sunshine" I joke trying to play of my stupidity from last night.

"Drop dead" she replies out through gritted teeth. 

"Not having a good morning sweet-pea?" I question, recalling the nickname she used last night. 

"Like I said before drop dead" she says out through gritted teeth yet again.

I can tell she knows that I know what happened with the alarm clock early this morning. As we walk down the hall together towards the stairs where Jimmy awaits for her, I can tell she's just daring me to mention it however I don't, I just smile with both hands in the front pockets of my school pants, continuing to walk the hallway and I think she's surprised about my behaviour. She looks up at me from the corner of her eye hastily then returns her sight of view to the front and slightly smiles.