Can't sit still.

Ashila's P.o.v

Eli had been talking for a while about why I should be his friend when I decided to ask the question. "I know" I rudely interrupted Eli. 

"What?" He ask, confusion clearly written on his face. 

"I know why you act the way you do". Eli bows his head in a shameful manner which I'm completely confused about. 

"I have A.D.D." He speaks softly. 

"I know" I pause, contemplating whether or not to keep talking. I decide I should push my luck "Why haven't you told anyone?" 

Eli just shakes his head "I..." He starts off but doesn't finish.

He starts again almost struggling with his words "I... I don't know. It's just that it's embarrassing" oh

"Eli" I speak softly, he looks up at me and all I can see is the sadness swimming in his eyes. "There is nothing wrong with having it, you know" a glimmer of hope flashes through his eyes as I lay a comforting hand over his own. 

"Theres not?" He questions. 

"No. It makes you who you are. It makes you unique and just a little bit crazy" I smile but it soon flatters at Eli's expression. 

"Crazy?" He asks warily. 

"Yeah, not the bad kind though" I stop and take in his new expression, confusion. I speak again trying to find the right words to explain. "Yeah, you can be 'crazy fun' or 'crazy different' or even 'crazy your own person'. Eli you can be anything you want. Just make sure its yourself" Eli lets my words sink in before looking back up at me and smiling.

After a few seconds of silence I speak up "Tell me about the girl with purple hair" Eli quickly turns away but I catch his blush. 

"Uh you mean Ameia" he smiles at the girls name. 

"Yeah, tell me about her. Please." Eli is now blushing like crazy man. 

"Well... her name is Ameia. Pronounced A-mia but spelled A-m-e-i-a. People think she's a mute and she's totally fine with that but I've talked to her. She told me she doesn't mind what the others say about her. I don't understand how she can not just care though. She's completely different from me, I mean I'm really insecure but she... she's bold. Kinda like you. That's why she dyes her hair. To express herself. She dyes it at random times but her parents are like rich or something so she gets all these good products for her hair so it doesn't get damaged or something. I don't know. Thats what she told me..."

Eli is completely in a trans over this girl just rambling on about random facts about Ameia "... she's obsessed with space, you know and she's afraid of heights but she goes up on the roof still at night to look at the stars. That's when I talk with her. I'm too scared to talk to her during class or lunch" Eli scratches his arm and sighs.

"Do you like her? I mean like like?" I ask although I already know the answer. 

"Yeah, I do, a lot." He looks at me confused then asks "How can I tell you all this and not my closest friends" I look at him in the eye 

"Because Eli, I already knew. You could call me a watcher I suppose. I study people without noticing I'm doing it. It's a bad habit. But I can figure you out before you can... I don't know why though. I can figure everyone else but not myself. It helps though you know, it's like if I study everyone else out I'll just figure myself out" 

Eli shakes his head "Everyone is different. You won't find yourself in someone else" 

"Yeah but maybe just a part of me, I don't know it's stupid" Eli doesn't get it but nods anyway.

Two hours and one and a half blocks of chocolate later. Eli leaves but not before turning back "Hey Ash" I look up at Eli at the door from where I am on the bed 

"Yeah?" He looks down at his hands before looking back at me. 

"Thanks" thats all he had to say for me to understand. 

"Its okay". Eli leaves without another word.

I lay back on the lush bed and finally let sleep overtake my body with my mind making up scenarios of which take place of the meeting with Rylan and how it could've gone better. Before I can question it I slip into unconsciousness.