Stefan was standing alone waiting for Elena to arrive when Damon arrives. "Look at you, all retro." 

Stefan looks at him confused, "What are you doing here?" Damon looks at him with a teasing smile, "Why wouldn't I be here? Star deactivated the Gilbert invention, Isobel is gone and it's Founders' Day! I'm here to eat cotton candy and wait for Star to show up and show you how you should ditch Elena and be with the one you love."

Stefan looks away uncomfortably, "Don't start with me, Damon." 
"Oh, you started this Stefan with that whole "Its not true, I only love Elena" speech. I'm enjoying that."

"As long as you heard it." Damon looks at him incredulously, "What? You have no sense of humor, Stefan." 

"Actually I've no sense of 'Damon humor'."

"'Damon humor'...Hey look, I get it, I get it. You came here for Elena and your whole plan has been thrown out because of one girl. At least you know that I don't love Elena, because Elena is not Katherine." Stefan nods in agreement, "You're right, she's not" 

Damon sees Elena approach first and looks speechless and shudders a bit. Stefan turns to see what gave him that reaction and sees her too. In her period dress she looks strikingly like Katherine. Seeing their eyes on her she smiles at them and curtsies.

When Elena reaches them and kisses Stefan in greeting they are distracted when Caroline comes up to them. "Has Estella told you what her dress is like because she won't tell me." She says to Damon. "Estella is dressing up?" Caroline nods to Stefan's question. 

"Yeah I forced her too but she won't let me know what is looks like and I know its something brought in from like New York." Caroline looks around to see if she get a glimpse of her friend.  "Oh my god there's her car."

They all turn to see the familiar Impala pull into the school lot, when she finally gets out the car she doesn't realise practically all eyes are on her. The dress was almost a perfect replica of the green dress from 'Gone with the Wind' she had her hair styled up to show off her shoulders and neck. 

When turning around seeing everyone looking at her, she speeds up to be in front of them, "What, is something wrong with the dress? Is it not era appropriate? Care only gave me two days notice, this is all I could get."

Damon puts his hands on her shoulders to cut off her rambling, "You look beautiful Star definitely fit in with the period." Estella smiles up at him, the smile that made Stefan's heart beat a little faster. "Aww thanks, I tried. So you want to get ice cream and make fun of everyone." 

Damon nods and wraps an arm around her shoulders walking off. "Oh by the way you guys look great, I'm loving the hair Steffie." Estella calls from behind her and follows Damon.

"I swear, she looks perfect in everything." Caroline says before walking off. 

"Yeah she does." Stefan whispers to himself lowly not knowing that Elena heard. She scowls a little but brushes it off, Stefan loved her not Estella.