TW: Mentions of abuse in the flashback

Three years ago:

A 16 year old Estella Santos wandered through the corridors of her high school. Last night her father came home drunk and had used her as his personal punching bag.

Arriving to her locker she opened it and placed her books for the day in it. The mirror that was attached to the door was what she made eye contact with at first. It was a horrific site, the busted lip and the discoloured skin around her eye that no makeup could cover. The purple around her neck in the shape of fingers wrapped around it.

Even with the daily bruises and cuts on her face or neck, no one paid attention. She wasn't a popular girl or someone people would look twice at, she was a needle in a stack of needles.

The slamming of her locker door snapped her out of her daze, there in all her glory was her only friend. Kiara Davis. She was the only one that noticed and knew about Estella's home life, the amount of times the Davis girl has said she wanted to slit the mans throat was huge.

"Hey E, come with me." Kiara dragged the Santos girl to the nearest bathroom and moved a spare tile in the corner. It was where she stashed the med kit she used to clean up Estella's wounds. But today it was different there was a duffle bag and when the girl took it out she saw some cash and clothes.

"What is this Kie?" Estella said making sure no one could hear their conversation. "We're leaving, you know how my foster parents don't care as long as they get their pay cheques and we know your father is an abusive dick. So we are going to New York tonight." Kiara said holding Estella's shoulders to make her pay attention.

"I can't just leave, he will find me you know that and we are too young we can't live alone." Estella said her hope dwindling when listing all the problems they would have.

"I've got it covered we hop on a bus we lie about our age, crash with some people and get a job. I will become a stripper if I have to. We can't stay here anymore, come on E, me and you forever." She holds out her pinky, the action they have been doing since they were 5 years old.

"Me and you forever."

------------------------------------------------------------

Estella woke up from her bed in the motel room in Tennessee they were currently in. She really wished Kiara was here, she was the one who got her out of the abusive household she was in. Without her she probably would be dead now.

There was suddenly a bright light and a scream followed by a thud. A groan came from the other side of the room. Estella let her powers wrap around her hands and stood on alert at the new presence in the room.