The next time Estella had awoken, she was faced with the passing image of trees and other cars on the highway. She groaned at the uncomfortable position she was in and turned towards the driver's seat seeing Stefan with a hand on the wheel and the other hand slightly out of the car window. 

Estella took a moment to admire her boyfriend who hadn't noticed she was awake yet. After he had told her that he was coming with her on this trip to Portland, he quickly packed and put their bags in her impala. 

He had a relaxed look on his face, one that Estella had noticed had been on his face a lot these past few months that they had been together. Stefan wasn't brooding or stressed due to trying to save everyone he cared for, mostly because they were already safe. 

"You know, you look really hot when you're driving." Estella flirts shamelessly as she smirks in his direction making Stefan turn to her with a matching smirk on his face. 

"Oh yeah, maybe I should drive you around more often sweetheart." Stefan says placing a hand on her thigh that was bent towards her chest almost in a fetal position. 

Estella laughed at his words sitting up straighter in her seat but still looking at him with eyes full of adoration, "My own personal chauffeur."

Stefan gives her a smile and reaches for her hand where she intertwines her fingers with his. Their silence only lasted a few seconds before Stefan spoke up, "So when we get to Portland what are we going to do?" he asks her curiously.

Estella turns to him completely before she starts to explain. "Okay, so there is this coven of witches called the Gemini Coven. It is this known thing that when a set of twins are born, they have to partake in this event called the merge. It's when the twins hit their twenty second birthday where they essentially battle it out to become the next leader of the coven. One lives, the other dies." 

Stefan turns to her confused, "So you're saying that one of the twins will kill the other." Estella nods sadly. 

"Yeah, basically. Anyway in 1994 the twins at the time were called Josette and Malachai Parker, or Jo and Kai for short. Kai wasn't like the rest of his coven, instead of being able to do magic on his own he would have to siphon it." Estella says and Stefan interrupts.

"Wait i've heard about Siphons, they're known as abominations in the witch's eyes. Monsters made for stealing their magic." He says and winces slightly when Estella gives him a glare for interrupting.

"Stop interrupting. Even though you are right, they aren't monsters just a little different. Kai was mistreated and often abused by his father leading him to be cast out to a prison world. He's been stuck there ever since and I'm getting him out." Estella ends in a determined tone. 

Stefan makes sure that she wasn't about to say anything else before speaking up, "But if Kai is in a prison world how are you going to do it?" 

"That's why we're going to Portland, Kai's father keeps the one thing I need to get him out, an ascendant. I also needed Bennett blood but I just got a bit from Bonnie." She explains as Stefan nods understanding before facing towards the road again passing the welcome to Oregon sign. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Back in Mystic Falls, a certain brunette enters the Salvatore Boarding house without a care in the world. She makes her way into the parlour until finding who she was looking for, "Hey blue eyes." she says throwing herself onto the couch and pulling her feet onto the coffee table.