Caroline opens the front door and Bonnie walks in. "Hey, come on in."

"I got Stefan's message." Stefan walks up to her. "Hey, you brought the grimoire, thank you." She sees Damon and Alaric talking and all the weapons on the table.

"What's going on?" Jeremy arrives next to her, "We're gonna kill Katherine."

Stefan speaks up seeing her shocked look, "I can explain."

"Please."

"We're gonna kill Katherine."

Alaric picks up a weapon showing everyone, "This works with compressed air. The trigger mechanism is up here. I have two of these in a different size. For you I recommend this. It fits nicely under the jacket sleeve. You use the trigger when you're ready." he follows through the motions making Damon and Stefan look uneasy.

"You wanted me to show you how to kill a vampire."

"Are you sure you guys don't want me there tonight?" Alaric asks them.

"No, I need you to stay with Elena. I don't want her to know about this." Stefan answers him.

"Okay. Well, I'll make sure she doesn't leave my sight."

"Alright, if anybody wants to back out, I'll understand."

"Yeah. Cold feet speak now. I don't want this going wrong if someone chicken's out. Caroline." Damon says looking at the blonde vampire. "I won't. Look, she killed me. Fair's fair. As long as there's no werewolf running around."

"Oh, Star took care of Mason." Damon says remembering how she saved the werewolf from Damon's hand. "As long as Tyler doesn't kill anyone, he won't turn." Jeremy says.

"Bonnie? Are you with us?" Everyone turns to the witch, "But no one gets hurt."

"Except Katherine. Tonight Katherine gets a stake through her heart." Damon says flipping a stake in his hand.

"Hey where's Ella, she should be here." Bonnie says. Caroline looks up answering her, "Oh Estella said she would meet us there, somehow she already knew our plan and prepared a room for us to trap Katherine in."

"Of course she did, Star always knows." Damon says rolling his eyes fondly at his best friend's actions.

--------------------------------------------------------------

At the masquerade ball, Damon and Stefan arrive and are outside. They look around for their target, "Do you see her?"

"Nope. You're sure you can do this?" Stefan asks, doubting his brother. "Who are you talking to?"

"Oh, I had the chance to kill her and I hesitated."

"Well that is the fork in the road between you and me my friend. I don't hesitate." Damon says still looking around for the doppelgänger. "You spent 145 years loving her, it could happen."

"I won't hesitate."

"Okay" 

The sound of heels is heard and a body wrapped in white satin comes between them. A black lace mask covering her eyes and a bright red lip adorning her features. "Well if he does, i'll be sure to finish the job. Save me a dance Steffie." Estella says whilst fixing her outfit before heading into the building.