TW- there are moments of abuse in this chapter. Reader discretion is advised, if this is something that can trigger you please be cautious. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, the sun peaked through the curtain landing on the brunette witch that was still asleep on Stefan's bed. Her eyes fluttered open from the light and when she stretched over to the other side of the bed she found it empty.

Estella furrowed her eyebrows in confusion at the empty space, looking around the room to see if her boyfriend was there. When not finding him, she got out of bed and wrapped her robe around her body before heading downstairs.

"Stefan?" she asked when walking down, when looking around she was met with Damon, Stefan and Elena in the parlour.

"I didn't know she was here." Estella frowned a little at the doppelgängers presence but didn't say anything. "Yeah, I came to talk to Stefan and Damon." Elena said looking Estella up and down in distaste.

"Oh, right." Estella flickered her gaze to Stefan who was watching her worried, "Well, I'm indecent, so I'm going to put some clothes on." she quickly turned and back to the room she was in.

She didn't know why she felt something gnawing in her stomach at the sight of the Salvatore's with Elena and she wasn't told about it. The way Elena shuffled closer to Stefan on the couch when she saw Estella walk down the stairs. She didn't like it.

"Morning, sweetheart." Stefan's voice pulled her out of her inner turmoil making her turn to face him. She gave him a smile but it came out more as a grimace, "Hi"

Stefan frowned when seeing the way she didn't make eye contact with him, "Are you okay?" he walked up to her and rubbed his hands up and down her arms in a form of comfort.

"Yeah, peachy" she pulled away from him to gather her clothes for the day. "Don't lie to me." Stefan said sternly raising an eyebrow at his girlfriend. He knew she would bottle her emotions in and it would lead to her overthinking which usually led to her feeling negative the rest of the day.

"Nothing, it's just I don't like how Elena came to talk to you boys and I didn't even know about it." Stefan nodded in understanding walking up behind her and grabbing the necklace in her hand she was trying to put on.

"I'm sorry, I was going to wake you but you looked so peaceful." he hooked the necklace before moving her hair back to its place.

 "I'm sorry, I just feel like she's still trying to get you back and I keep feeling that you sometimes feel the same." Estella looked down to her nails, fumbling her fingers anxiously. She didn't want to sound like a jealous girlfriend, she was just insecure.

"Listen to me." he walks in front of her and leans down to be in her eye line. "I love you, and there is nothing or no one that could ever change that." Estella looked at him before saying quietly, "You promise?" Stefan lifted his hand before grabbing hers and intertwining his pinky and hers, "I promise amore"

"I love you" she leans in to kiss him their fingers still wrapped around the other. A promise sealed with an act of love.

"Why was she here anyway" Estella said when breaking apart from his embrace.