Alaric and Estella arrive at the Boarding house at the same time. Damon opens the door, "Thanks for coming, Ric. Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?" Estella walks in aswell when Damon hands her coffee to her with a smile.

"Elena mentioned you needed my help." Alaric says ignoring Damon's words. "Yeah, we were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family." Stefan says sighing slightly when he sees Estella not look at him.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?"

"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead, not-dead vampire wife might." Damon says taking about Isobel. "Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together."

"You said that she had spent years researching this town."

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklores and legends but at the time I thought much of which was fiction." Damon speaks up, "Like that amazing vampire story."

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Elena says not acknowledging Estella's presence scared she would attack her again.

"The lycanthrope."

"Wait, like werewolves?" Elena says looking at Alaric for confirmation. "No way, impossible, way too Lon Chaney."

"Is it?" Stefan says.

"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years, never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?"

Estella having enough of their talking back to forth speaks for the first time, "The Lockwoods are werewolves."

Damon goes to disagree when she gives him a knowing look, "They have a gene that when they take the life of a human they unlock the curse within them making them turn into furry little dogs on the full moon. The reason you haven't seen them is because they've been hunted by their prey of choice."

"Which is what?" Damon asks knowing his best friend knew the truth.

"Vampires. It is written that the bite of a werewolf is fatal to a vampire and there is no cure." Estella says, she looks up seeing the horror in their faces and the doubt in Elena's.

"I mean if you don't believe me go to Duke." She stands up going to the kitchen. "Oh and er, say hi to Vanessa for me and try not to get shot." She says to Elena before walking off again.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Because Caroline didn't need to learn control with Stefan he had tagged along with Damon, Elena and a forced Estella. She didn't want to go but Damon did not want to be with the couple the whole day. She sat in the front while they sat in the back and Alaric drove in front of them.

Estella looks back in the rearview mirror seeing Elena and Stefan's intertwined hands that made her a little upset seeing them. Damon looked over seeing what she was looking at and put his hand on her leg rubbing it comfortably. She looked at him and smiled gratefully.

It was then and there that Estella knew what was wrong with her. She was jealous, because she had feelings for Stefan Salvatore.