Standing out - Zoe Kravitz

(A/: For reference; Y/N is 25 and Zoe is 30)

„Y/N you go on in five minutes, u ready?" my manager, mark, asked jogging by my dressing room.

"Yes sir" I smiled while finishing my joint and quickly spraying parfume and mouth spray in my mouth.
Wait-
I coughed loudly and added perfume to my body, I stood up walking to the stage at the arena. I was in New York finishing my worldtour in the city where I grew up in. The tour was crazy, I loved it and my fans would turn up every night.

I grew up singing with my dad and my older brother, my dad died when I was 15 so I knew I wanted to pursue a singin career because I was really passionate about it.
  So that's why I'm here, finishing my first world tour ever but it already felt like I had been doing it for years. I only began singing with 23 because my mom said I had to finish school, that's why I went to law school.
When I graduated from law school, I called an old friend of my fathers and he helped me start my career. I kinda benefited from my dad's career, but I only used my fathers contacts for the beginning of my career, I wanted to earn the rest on my own. 

I would consider my self a R&B artist, I have many rock song, I love to rap and I also play a lot of instruments. My most precious instrument is my electric guitar my dad got me when I was younger, well actually I had to replace it because I had outgrown the one he got me.

Alr back to it

Today my best friend, ty (aka tyler the creator), was joining me for a few songs we did together when I started my career.
I gave him a pat on the back as I passed him and my crew and jogged on stage:
„What's up NEW YORK?!" I grinned showing my dimples.
I heard screaming throughout the whole arena as I put my microphone on its stand.
„Okay so as we all know this is my last show, whew it's been a crazy ride with all of you and just for my hometown and for you I'm gonna make it a memerable show." I winked secrevetly.  „So everybody put your handy together for my best bud... Tyler- the creator" I heard loud screams and whistles.
Ty jumped on stage and gave me side hug as we sang our songs together. When we finished our last song, I gave Ty a hug and invited him over to my Penthouse later.
„Okay guys, throughout this tour I've learned that you guys love one song I perform the most, so here it is..."

(A/N: For this imagine imma use the weeknds songs as Y/Ns songs and this is kinda the idea of the dance routine...)

„You make it look like it's magic
'Cause I see nobody, nobody but you, you, you
I'm never confused
Hey, hey
I'm so used to being used
So I love when you call unexpected
'Cause I hate when the moment's expected"

I walked across the stage while dancing rather sexually with my background dancers, I looked over the crowd when I suddenly held eye contact with a pair of brown eyes, which were staring at me intently.
I averted my eyes and grinded against my background dancer Jasmine. (ofc with consent)

„So I'ma care for you, you, you
I'ma care for you, you, you, you, yeah
'Cause girl you're perfect
You're always worth it
And you deserve it
The way you work it
'Cause girl you earned it
Girl you earned it, yeah
You know our love would be tragic (Oh, yeah)
So you don't pay it, don't pay it no mind
We live with no lies
Hey, hey
You're my favorite kind of night"

I sat on the chair in the middle of the stage as my background dancers did their routine next to me. Jasmine did a „lap dance" on me, I averted my eyes out of respect and again looked around the arena as I looked for those eyes again so I could attach the eyes to a face and body.
I stood up and took my chair with me as walked to the right end of the stage and my crew continued their dance routine.

„So I love when you call unexpected
'Cause I hate when the moment's expected
So I'ma care for you, you, you
I'ma care for you, you, you, you, yeah
'Cause girl you're perfect (Girl, you're perfect)
You're always worth it (You're always worth it)
And you deserve it (And you deserve it)
The way you work it (The way you work it)
'Cause girl you earned it
Girl you earned it, yeah"

I closed my eyes as I sang that part and opened them and immediatly made eye contact with the brown eyed woman. She smirked as she looked me up and down. I melted under her eyes but quickly switched back into stage mode.
"I love this part of the dance" I thought to myself while grinning widely

(A/N here comes the dance video from yt)
„On that lonely night (Lonely night)
You said it wouldn't be love
But we felt the rush
It made us believe it there was only us (Only us)
Convinced we were broken inside, yeah, inside, yeah
'Cause girl you're perfect (Girl, you're perfect)
You're always worth it (You're always worth it)
And you deserve it (And you deserve it)
The way you work it (The way you work it)
'Cause girl you earned it, yeah
Girl you earned it, yeah (Earned it, no, no, ooh)"

As Jasmine and I danced I held eye contact with the woman from before, she was watching me the whole time. Suddenly her friend whispered something in her ear and she left the crowd-
Wait was that Cara... No it can't be her, she's in LA.
„Cause girl you're perfect
You're always worth it
And you deserve it"

I smiled and sang the last few words.

I sang a few more songs and although I wanted to finish off with a love song I sang unreleased song I've been working on while on tour.

„Alright guys this is it, I just wanted to thank you guys for coming. Without you not one bit of my career would be possible and I'm grateful for every second because all of you know the reason I'm doing this is because of my dad that's why it means so much to me that I have all of your support. Just know if anybody is struggling right know, as a gay girl with a dick who lost her father at the age of 15, I understand, just keep going and as Mr. Worldwide says it: „Been there, done that".
I promise its moments like these that show you how precious life is. So, good night New York"
I waved as I left stage with my fans screaming.

I gave Mark a bro hug and lit a cigarette the moment I left stage, but as soon as the cig touched my lips it got snatched away.
„You're not smoking those when I'm around" I immediately smiled when I heard that familiar voice. „I've missed you too Cara" I said pickung her up and hugging her tightly.
„Eww you're sweaty  Y/N, let me down" she said jokingly.
I laughed and grinned at her, still full of adrenaline.

„Why didn't you tell me you were coming here Car?"
„I wanted to surprise you dumbass, it was last minute anyways, Zoe invited me for the weekend. Omg wait you haven't even met her" She said turning around.
I looked behind her and saw a familiar pair of brown eyes, I immediatly froze. God how could someone be so beautiful and have so much power over me without me even knowing her.
"Hi I'm Zoe it's nice to meet you" she smiled friendly. God her smile-
.
.
"Y/N-"
"Right- uhm Hi, I'm Y/N" I said shaking her hand. God her hands were soft.
But before I could pull back she gave me a hug, wrapping her arms around my neck as mine went around her waist (respectfully ofc).
As we pulled back she caught me staring at her soft lips and blushed. How- is- she- so pretty. I thought
"Thanks" she said
"Did I just say that outloud" I questioned cleary embarassed

"Yup Y/N you did, alright guys sorry to ruin whatever this is- But Y/N you have a short interview and after that you're free to start your party" Mark said interrupting
" Oh right, uhm Cara, Zoe it would be a pleasure to have you guys at my party? You know where I live right Car? Okay good, its at 11pm,
bye I have to go." I said while being pulled by Mark

Cara and Zoe laughed while still watching me getting dragged.

God I want to get know this woman better.