Change - Kehlani

Y/n Y/l/n - 24 years old - 5'7

„What about this one?" I squint my eyes open, seeing  her point at the Trident on my shoulder.

„Trident, got it for my 20th birthday after I had a surfing accident- just to remind myself not to back down. Also just because I love the ocean." I answer, eyes closing again when her nails continue scratching my head and her eyes soften. Feeling her fingers caress over my body, exploring as it wanders around, I can't help but smile. The soothing feeling soon stops when her fingers halt at a familiar spot, the scratching stopping on my head.

„You know what that one means-„ I mumble softly, taking her hand in mine as I trace the outline of the tattoo.

„Y/n-„

„Read it." I ask, my ears tingling everytime I hear her talk.

„Cause I knew you tried to change the ending, keeper losing Mary." My smile widens, listening to her caring tone, as if she's too scared to even utter those words. She strokes the outline of the three fairies, kissing the whole tattoo with her soft lips. I caress her hand with my thumb, moving it towards my mouth as I kiss it softly- her nails starting to scratch it again.
Her other hand now moves towards my shoulder, a soft breeze making goosebumps appear on my skin.

„Wait I don't know this one-„

„I got it a few days ago." I whisper, a blush now appearing on my face when I notice her gaze not moving from my eyes.

„What is it?" I cough, trying to sit up on the bed but ultimately failing when she sits on my lap and holds me still.

„Y/n" she states, still staring at me as her hands caress my cheeks.

„My surfboard-„ she smiles at the mention of surfing „on the first day we met, 5 years ago when you saved my life." I mumble, gaze moving down as I fiddle with my hands, too anxious to look at her mesmerizing eyes.

„I didn't really save you, just pulled you off that wave before you crashed into that guy."

„It was my wave" I exclaim, still frustrated at the guy not understanding the simple first rule of surfing.

Kehlani let's out a giggle, scartching my neck softly to calm me down.

„You still saved me-„
„I didn't though-„ I hold up my hand, looking at her daringly.
„Meeting you has been the best thing that could ever happen to me, you saved my life in more ways than you know." I say, breathing heavily as I look into her eyes. Kehlani leans down, her eyes open until our lips touch as she keeps me in a trance.

Suddenly my phone starts ringing, Lani literally jumping away from me which makes me laugh at her.

„Shut up" she mumbles, now going over to her phone- her ass staring at me. I move my gaze, looking down at my own phone seeing my mum calling me.