Why her? - Hailee Steinfeld

Y/N Y/L/N

Y/N Y/L/N

„Come on dance with me!" Ella screams over the loud music, pulling me to the dance floor as I stumbled behind her. She lets me go when we get to Adrian, Anna and a few other people dancing in a circle. I chuckle at Ella's drunken state, knowing she is a bit of a lightweight.
We all are flushed against each other, bodies moving to the beat of the music when I feel Ella grabbing my hand and pulling me to her, jokingly giving me flirty wink which makes me laugh out loud.

„She's had enough to drink." Adrian whispers, trying to hold in his tears from laughing.
I just nod as I keep dancing with her.
„Oh my god this is my jam, Y/n dance with me." Ella demands, pulling me in some direction.

„Okay okay, I'm coming." I hold her hips, which for others would seem a bit weird, but for us it's normal.

After Ella's jam, we form a circle again, laughing at each others dance moves and just having fun.

„I'm gonna grab a drink, you guys want anything." I say and as soon as they all shake their heads, I head over to the bar.

„One, no make it two shots, please." I yell over the loud music to the well built bartender.
I pay for my drinks and hold my nose closed with one hand, downing both drinks after one another but not before adding a bit of my magic powder, as I call it.

Suddenly I feel my back being tapped (or maybe stabbed).

„Are you dumb, you can't do that in the middle of the club." My best friend, Niall hisses behind my back. I ignore him and ask the bartender to refill the shot glass, wanting to piss him off even more. When I see her walk over to us I bump his shoulder roughly and leave to go back to my friends.

„God I don't like him." Ella says, as soon as I come back, probably seeing the whole thing.
I chuckle, relaxing as the thing did it's thing and I was back with my friends.

„He's just a bit innocent." I shrug, not really trying to excuse my friend's behaviour because I simply don't care.

Ella sends him a glare but I quickly grab her jaw jokingly.
„Now m'lady, let's dance and forget morons like him." I raise my eyebrow suggestively.

We dance for a bit and after a while I tell Ella that I'm gonna go smoke a cigarette and she promises to join me later.
I squeeze through the sweaty, moving bodies and let out a breath when I get outside. I take out my pack of malboro's and put one cig in my mouth, wasting no time in lighting it.

When I take a deep breath I relax and feel the toxins enter my body.

„You should stop that bad habit." someone says teasingly, while holding out her hand expectantly.

„Mmmh, where would the fun be in that?" I ask jokingly as she takes a drag and shrugs at my question.

„Ah miss. innocent what would her lover say about her spending time with me and smoking a cigarette?" I sarcastically comment, sitting down on the small wall.

„Don't really care."

We pass the cigarette back and forth, this probably being the longest time I've smoked one single cigarette for. Maybe we were both subconsciously taking small puffs, to make time last longer.

I clear my throat, not wanting her to move away from me at all.

„You know he only wants what's best for you, right?" she tries, interrupting the comfortable silence.

„Don't even, he messed that up along time ago with the absolute worst he could do." I state, no longer getting angry at the memory, but maybe that was just high me talking.

„I don't get what happened, he doesn't understand what he did wrong. Please just talk to him he-„

„Hailee don't" I say determined, my eyes closing at her pleading eyes.

„Y/n you're acting childish right now, just talk it out!"

„Hailee I- you don't get it!" I yell, looking down at her as my chest rises.

She takes a bold step forward without her eyes wavering.

„Then tell me" Hailee whispers softly, now only a few centimeters away from my face.

„I-„

„Hails-„ I suddenly hear interrupting me. I quickly step away from Hailee feeling caught as my face reddens.

„Y/n? Hails why are you smoking?" Niall asks, coming over to us as he looks at the cigarette in Hailee's hand in disgust.

„I just- I wanted to" She shrugs softly, taking another hit.

They start arguing infront of me as I feel myself getting down from my high. I stand there for a few minutes, spacing out as Hailee looks at me a few times in concern.

„I-"
I quickly jog towards the trash, emptying my stomache infront of the club.

„Y/n, fuck are you okay?"

„Get the fuck away from me Niall I swear to god." I mumble, groaning as my throat starts to hurt.
Ignoring my words he starts rubbing my back and as he goes to hold up my hair I turn around, my face red.

„Don't touch me."I hiss, taking a step back from him.

„I'm sorry I don't know what I did wrong-„ I let out a chuckle, Hailee now softly rubbing his shoulder as he plays the victim.

„You don't know?" I ask, my voice dangerously calm and laced with venom. I watch him gulp and shake his head only moments later.

„Just- just tell me what I have to do to make it go back to normal, be us again-„ he says, taking a step forward to me.

„Y/n?" I turn around, seeing Ella move towards me as she musters Niall.

I groan out looking at him as I take a deep breath.

„There is no fucking us and since you don't even know what you did wrong there will never be an us again. Now, Niall if you ever touch me or come close to me again I swear to god-„

„You'll what? You gonna hit me or what?" He says challengingly trying to look down at me.

trying to

I let out a chuckle, feeling embarassed that I ever called this pathetic man my best friend.

„No, I would be wasting my time. I just hope one day someone will show you how much you hurt me by stealing the love of my life." I say bitterly, his eyes widening as I feel his girlfriend's eyes now on me.

„Come one Y/n-„ Ella says sadly, already getting a cab beforehand „they're not worth it."