The gig (where we met) - Maya Hawke

A/n Just so you guys know, I worked on this one a few months ago and then just forgot it - so I'm basically just finishing it, but still working on all the other stuff:) dw and enjoyyy

Y/n Y/l/n - 26 years old

„Are you ready Y/n?" Dylan asked me as he walked over to me, to the entrance of the small club with the rest of the band and their instruments.
I shrugged greeting them all, holding my rolled joint in the other hand.
„Yeah I guess, but repeat after me." I told him, holding my best friends shoulder dramatically.
„This is a one time thing." I spoke as I gave him a stern look.
„This is a one time thing but-."
„I will stop bugging my best mate about this after this show and look for a long term guitar lead replacement." I interrupt him continuing my lecture.
„Okay okay I get it. We'd just love to have you, you know with your talent and all." he said smirking.
The band all held a suggestive look, silently trying to convince me or even hypnotise me.

I chuckled dismissevly as I lit my joint, taking a deep puff the way my friend Odessa had showed me.
We talked amongst ourselves for a few minutes, Clay lighting another joint for the guys, knowing I never shared my joint.
„Alright let's go set up guys." Cole said, „our show's gonna start soon."
Everyone nodded,not noticing the set of eyes that were settled on the guitarist.

...

„Alright let's play it one more time and then take a break till it starts." Clay said, everyone agreeing as he gave the start signal.
The band started playing their song, me just strumming the backround chords as I waited for my solo. I softly hummed with the music, every now and then singing the backround vocals and feeling the adrenaline rush through my bones.

I love music.

I stepped on my pedal as I played the power chords, improvising whenever I could, as the boys all nodded along while Cole and Braeden backed me up.
I looked around the small bar that was located in New York city, more specificially in Brooklyn.

^^Just with a bar

My gaze halted when I saw a pair of eyes already looking back at me, the girl behind the bar preparing a drink while she watched us.
I gave her a wink and continued our sound check, catching her small smile from across the room.
I played my last chord, dramatically stepping back as Dylan and the two boys set in again. I started plaiyng the background chords, letting my eyes wander back to the pretty bartender.
She was cleaning a glass, her hair in her face which made her nose scrunch up cutely.
I chuckled, surprised when it could be heard throughout the room, her eyes immediatly locking with mine again a blush prominent on her face. The band only shook their heads when they watched what was going on. I shrugged at them in a apologising manner, watching her put her hair in a ponytail.