Waves crashing - Part 3

The next week was absolute hell, I had to finish the assignment and that took hours, which meant no sleep. Coach made me run miles because I feel asleep during training and Wis and I have been avoiding each other. The shittiest week I've had in a long time. On friday I knew Wis and Hails we're gonna meet eachother at our apartment to go out together. This meant confrontation, which I had been trying to avoid.

I turned off my motorcycle and first checked Wis and Hails location, both at our place. I took out my keys and unlocked the door, only hearing silence. I tiptoed inside and looked around the corner towards the kitchen, empty. Relieved I made my way towards my room when suddenly I heard someone clear their throat.

„Jesus fuc-„ I held my chest with my hand and tourned around. Both of them were sitting on the couch, where I had not yet looked. Their eyebrows were raised as if they were my parents and I started sweating.

„Why were you sneaking around?" Wis asked confused.

„I don't know, seemed fun- I'm trying this new thing-„ Before I could continue, Hailee spoke up.

„Cut the bullshit, what the hell's going on with you two. Deal with it. Now." She said sternly, pointing her finger at both of us.

„Alright, look Y/n- I get that you take your education serious, I mean I don't know anyone else who takes it as serious as you. But you could've stayed longer, I mean one assigment is not that serious." Wisdom says, chuckling.

My heart started beating and my fists clenching.

Look Wis, I get that you don't take it serious- and honestly I don't care but when you start getting in my business- This is my dream, I want to start a career- this is the most important year of my life and you dare to say this shit." I hiss, not understanding how he could be so narcissistic.

„Alright guys calm down-„ Hailee stands up simultaneously as Wis.

„Bro you're missing your whole ass life, I mean it's flying past you and you're not enjoying it. You've been down this whole week, stressed as fuck and as your friend I'm not just gonna stand by and watch. We met this chill as people, but you chose school over giving anything a chance." His words hit me and I watch Hailee look at him angrily.

„Is this what the both of you think?" I ask, tone sharp.

Wisdom nods and Hailee looks at me, about to say something.

„Fine." I say, turning around and walking to my room.

I spent the rest of the night trying to study but my mind was completely splattered, I was furious. Partially because I couldn't believe that Wisdom had said what he said, and partially because I knew it was true. But how could I give something up I'd been working in since forever.
I was standing up when I heard the front door open.

„Bye Y/n!" Hails yelled uncertainly.

I didn't reply and started pacing around my room when the door closed. When I started thinking about it, my fists clenched and I started hitting the punching bag repeatedly. I realised after that I had been punching it for about 20 minutes. Sweat was dripping from my body, which is why I decided to take a shower.

The next morning was supposed to be our day, it had been for the past 4 years but after yesterday, after realising that they wouldn't support, I needed some time. So I left early, surfboard attacked to my motorcycle and earphones plugged in. I arrived shortly after and somehow I felt like something was missing in the parking lot, reminding me of last week. I changed my clothes and unloaded my surfboard, jogging towards the beach.

I left my towel somewhere, phone underneath it and dove into the ocean. I lay down on my board, swimming a bit further out because I was feeling fit. When I see the perfect wave I lay down as my hearts beats and check the wave coming at me every few seconds.
„Damn, that's a pretty big wave.like ma dick." I mumbled to myself.