Boston Barista - Zoe Kravitz

(Y/n: 35 years old, 1.78 m, architect with own business, two kids: Isabella (10) and Harry (8) , lives in Boston, from Oxford, england. G!p)

this outfit but: formal shoes & narrower trousers

Street in Nyc

You have got to be bloody kidding me. I thought to myself as I walked down the street in New York, distressed faces passing.
„The kids are impossible miss Y/l/n, I quit I'm leaving tomorrow" the nanny of my children, Cynthia, texted a minute ago.
I read it over and over again, wondering what the hell happened at home and what I did yesterday to deserve this kinda start of my day.

I've been staying in New York for a couple of days, because of a business matter, leaving behind Isabella and Harry, my children. I had no other option than to call my mother, but I've never liked asking her for a favor, although she's always ready to help. It's more of a personal thing, I'm a very reserved person. Few very close friends who basically count as my family, my kids and family, these are the importsnt people in my life. I haven't dated in years, I'm occupied because of my job and well I've had bad experiences with my exes.

I went to my mum's caller id and hesistantly pressed down.
„Hi darling" mum answered
„Hi mum, I have to ask you a favor. Cynthia just quit, she's working until tomorrow so theres's no rush. If it's not possible I'll jump on the next-„
„I'll be there by tomorrow, don't worry you know I love those little angels." she interrupted, „wait she can't just quit like that"
I sighed, feeling my stress level sink: „ I know I'll deal with her when I get back, I have this important meeting in a few hours with this arse. You have Cynthia's number, I'll be back in a few days, just update me." I said.
„Of course darling, don't stress yourself too much. Have a good day and good luck." mum cooed lovingly.

I chuckled but immediatly stopped when I saw a text from her.
My ex reaching out again, although she cheated and left my kids with me, alone to raise them.
I shook my head, blocking the number and quickly pocketing my phone. I continued my walk to the café down the street from my apartement as I listened to my playlist „petrichor".

As I crossed the street to the café I looked inside, it was quite busy. Although I love being around people in a big city, I hate monday mornings in New York, the people are as obnoxious as can be. Bopping my head to the music subconsciously, I entered the café, staring at a mail my assistant had sent me. Vanessa, a barista I've known for years greeted me and gave me a nod, telling me she knew what I wanted. I sighed slightly relaxing as I sat down on the bar stool across from the cash register. After a few moments Vanessa waved me over, I paid for my coffee and held small talk. I started to sweat and quickly took off my sweater vest, leaving me in my white dress shirt.

I waved goodbye to the barista's as I played „without me" bopping my head and silently speaking the word with my mouth. I opened the door and took a step outside.
Suddenly I felt my body come in contact with something, as I was about to look up I felt my coffee spill out on my abdomen and my, now, wet dress shirt.
„Blimey, that's hot" I exclaimed pulling my dress shirt from my abdomen to get rid of the heat. I was about to get ready to tell someone off when I heard an angelic voice: