[In}toxic{ated] love - Dua Lipa

(A/n: imagine for duaxlipa25 , I hope this is ok:))
YO DON'T READ THIS IF YOU'RE UNDERAGE

⚠️Warning⚠️ for:
- graphic content
- graphic pictures
- G!P

„Let's go, I don't wanna be late." I yell from the entrance.
„Coming! It takes some time to be as handsome as me." my best friend, Luke Hemmings answers, walking down the stairs.

I roll my eyes, slapping his head lightly as we walk over to our car. I immediatly start the car, speeding down the road.

„I know you're excited for your girl, but don't kill us on the way there." Luke states with his dumb smirk.

I clench my jaw, eyes still focus on the road as I take a swig of my beer.
„You know she's not my girl." I huff
„Nothing has changed and besides I think she has that Anwar boy as her date, I ain't got a chance." I sigh, thinking about the article I saw a few hours ago about them dating.

„Well, a club is a perfect place to meet some hotties, we'll be each other's wingmen well wingwoman."

I nod in response.

I guess I could use a distraction from Dua, I've had a crush on her for a long time, but before I left I was around her more because we got closer in both career and personal life. I have to admit my feelings are  deepening for the british-kosovar woman, but even though my hope grows everytime we hang out and my pull to her is growing, it's urgently time for me to get a reality check and move on.

„What are you so deeply thinking about, mate?" Luke asks lightly, but I notice concern written all over his face.

I'm not a person to talk about my problems, Luke and only a few other people are able to see through me but that is because I let them.

„Dua, but it doesn't matter, I'm gonna hook up with some chick and finally move on." I say optimistically, my heart pulling at even the thought of that.

Me and Luke spend the rest of the ride to Dua's album party singing along to songs, both of us already being a bit drunk from the shots we took beforehand.

When we arrive I park the car and we walk over to the long waiting line.
The security guy recognises us and guides us t0 the entrance where our names get crossed of the invite-only list.

The party already begun and we're late, only because Luke insisted on us being fashionably late, whatever that means.

I greet a few people, my eyes subconsciously looking for the woman who is on my mind 24/7.

„Y/n hey." I hear Gigi say.

I turn around swiftly, my arms going around her waist as hers go around my neck.

She is one of the people I am close to, I met her many years ago and ever since then she has become one of my closest friends.

„Hi, how have you been? Sorry I haven't called, as you know I was in Europe." I say smilling.

Oh right, a few days ago I got back from italy. When I reached a certain point, I realised I had to have a bit of space and time. I stayed in a house on the countryside, somewhere near florence as I wrote songs and enjoyed life. It was a good break, I went there with my brother and although I told myself to take a break from social media, every other evening when I was alone with my thoughts I would check on Dua, to see if there was anything new.