i

[ chapter 1 ]

april 2, 2022
12:35 p.m
brooklyn, new york

- - - - -

"lights,"
"cameras,"
"action."

Y/N was used to the fast life. I mean, she was a movie star, after all. Every week was another three photoshoots and five sixteen hour long sessions on set. She was constantly moving, constantly doing something; always occupied with work.

Whenever Y/n was not occupied at work, she was most likely sleeping. Sometimes Y/n would get the weekend off and literally sleep all day— for both days. She knew it was unhealthy, but it was the only way she'd be able to get enough sleep to live.

Y/n's love life was pretty much non-existent. She hadn't been in a relationship since 2019 and the last time she hooked up with somebody was last year. In a way, Y/n liked it that way. She never had to worry about somebody else's feelings, somebody else's thoughts and actions. She felt secure in her life.

Well, at least in that part.

y/n's pov:

"Y/n! Y/n!"
"Look this way! How've you been Y/n?!"
"Is it true Zendaya cheated on Tom Holland with you?!"
"Are the rumors with you and Alexa De-"

   I slammed the SUV door shut, finding peace in the way the vehicle drowned out most outside noise. I could barely hear the numerous paparazzi that stood with their huge cameras and flashing lights.

   My manager and body guards were quick to jump in their assigned cars and we were off in less than 2 minutes. I was silent, still in slight shock at their ridiculous questions.

the audacity these motherfuckers have. .

   "You alright, Y/l/n?" My manager (and technically boss) asked me as he turned around in his seat. I was in the back, right side and he was on the same side; in the passenger seat.

   "Yeah," I shrug. "what's the schedule today?" I quickly switch up the conversation.

   It's not like it was a 'sensitive topic' or something, I just didn't want to answer any questions.

   "Um, well you don't have to be on set for anything today, of course. You do have an interview at 2:30 to talk about Euphoria and The Purge. Vanessa will debrief you on that. Oh! And we have a meeting with Givenchy in about an hour. It'll only go till 2, or so, and then we'll go from the meeting straight to the interview." I nodded when he stopped talking.

   "Okay." Is all I needed to say.

~~~~~

   We stopped for lunch. I opted for Chick-Fil-A, so my team and I grabbed a re-filler from there. Once we had finished eating, it was about 1:15 and we needed to be at the Givenchy meeting in almost exactly 15 minutes.

   Luckily, my manager's smart thinking had us stop at a Chick-Fil-A near the building. It only took us less than 10 minutes to get there.