xxxiv

(switchin up my writing for the rest of the book. i love yall <3)

[ chapter 34 ]

june 17, 2022
3:30 p.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

   "watermelon sugar, high. watermelon sugar, high. watermelon sugar, high."

   "dude, what if we sampled that and threw some sexy lyrics over it." tommy messed with some knobs on the soundboard, slowing down vic's voice. she's in the booth currently and was just randomly singing harry's song.

   "honestly, that'd be so good." i commented, leaning forward while bobbing my head. tommy fucked with the beat a little and tempered with the tempo. he was creating something beautiful.

watch us never put this out

   "got me high, the way you taste it. feels like heaven every time." i sang mindlessly. all heads turned to me.

   "that. more of that. vic, did you hear?" tommy asks through the microphone. she shakes her head, eyebrows furrowed looking very confused. before my producer could speak up, i get up and walk into the booth.

"since it's slowed, add a little vibrato." i tell her with a smile, taking a seat next to her and writing some lyrics down. i hand it to her and vic reads it over, smiling lightly.

"this is fire. how're you so good, ari?" she turns to me as i shake my head and giggle. "shut up, just sing it. your voice is magical." i wink and walk out.

"bitch, have you heard yours?!" she shouts back after me, her voice ringing through the studio speakers. i laugh and sit down. "don't hype me up!"

my phone goes off, distracting me as victoria starts singing. i take it out of my pocket, immediately reading y/n's contact. my heart jumps involuntarily.

i hate her

"hi baby." i smile as i speak, pressing my phone against my right ear. i bring my knees to my chest, hugging them to get comfortable.

"hey, mama. what're you doin'?" i feel my heart speed up at the sound of her voice. god, i'm so in love.

"in the studio, you?" i glance around the room. courtney, doug, tayla and njomza are all looking at me; smirking. i raise an eyebrow, throwing up the middle finger as i focus in on y/n's soothing, sexy voice.

"nothing much. i have a meeting at 4:30 to discuss the movie we're working on. i think we'll be shooting soon. speaking of, i heard you're gonna be in something soon?" i bite my lip to contain my smile.

"yep. wicked, the broadway show? do you know what i'm talking about?" i confirm with her, as i know she knows damn near nothing about broadway.

i heard her laugh, the sound causing me to release my lip and allow my wide smile.

all caused by this one amazing woman

"yes, i know what you're talking about; and that's fucking great, babe! you excited? have you been reading your lines?" i giggle at the excitement in her voice.