iii

[ chapter 3 ]

april 5th, 2022
2:30 p.m
brooklyn, new york

- - - - -

Y/N was born in Chicago, Illinois. She was convinced she'd seen everything. Honestly? She wasn't too far from the truth— and it didn't help that she was raised in a not-so-good area.

Y/n was proud of the woman that she'd become. Even with the unfortunate trauma she's faced, she became a pretty decent person. At least, that's what she likes to tell herself.

In reality, Y/n was a bit of a dick. The way she decided to cope with her trauma was pretty unhealthy. At first, she'd run through girls faster than her Camaro could. Then, she decided to build her walls up so high if you stood beside them you'd think it was dark outside.

The truth is, once Y/n hit 22 she knew her habits were unhealthy. She knew she'd need to chill out or karma would kick her ass. A part of her wanted to think it was too late, the other knew it wasn't.

And so, Y/n stopped hooking up. She quit her frequent one night stands and she avoided bars and clubs at all costs. She wanted to change the person she was. She wanted to become someone she loved.

She did. Y/n managed to turn her life around. She developed way better coping mechanisms and got into the gym. She became someone she always wanted to be. She became someone she loved.

However, that kind of gave her a big head. She started to believe none of these girls were good enough for her. Of course, she tried one more time in 2018. Y/n and this girl dated for a year, and when it ended; Y/n officially decided that, indeed, none of these girls were good enough for her.

Y/n couldn't be sure if this was a good mindset, or a destructive one.

y/n's pov:

"Y/n! Chill out! I haven't played this game in years!" Jamison sneered as I killed him in a Black Ops 2 1v1. Of course, snipers only.

"Jami, how many times have we 1v1'd in our lives? It ain't my fault you ain't got it down yet." I retorted, shrugging. He just gave me a pout and rolled his eyes.

"You never go easy on me anymore." He sulked. I sucked my teeth. "C'mon now, Jamison. You're 26."

He gasped. "Fuck. You. Y/l/n." He playfully glared at me, his arms crossed over his chest. I laughed.

"You guys are so fucking lame. I'm so boredd." Lexi complained as she flopped onto my couch face first. I gave her a weird look.

"Okay, Howard. What would you like to do?" She took her face out of my couch cushion to glare at me. This time, it wasn't so playful.

"I don't knoww. I just don't wanna sit here and watch you two kill and yell at each other anymore." She huffed, finally sitting up straight. I looked at Jamison, who shrugged as he sipped on his Sprite. I shook my head with an amused smile and looked back at Lexi.

"Well, I've got a photoshoot with Givenchy at 5. So we can't really go out and do anything. That reminds me, I had a photoshoot yesterday too. Do you guys wanna see the pictures?" I asked, looking back and forth from Lexi and Jamison.