xiii

[ chapter 13 ]

april 16, 2022
2:45 a.m
atlanta, georgia

- - - - -

y/n's pov:

   I woke up feeling extremely groggy and sluggish. It felt like there was a weight on my body; keeping me pinned to the bed.

   My eyes were taking their sweet time to adjust. I was in my hotel bedroom, it was extremely dark.

what time is it?

   I shuffled to my side so I could grab my phone off the bedside table. Turning it on temporarily blinded me, so I quickly turned down the brightness and then turned it off completely.

   The second attempt, I was actually able to see my phone.

2:47 AM

   Goddamn.

   I looked a little further down, eyes widening at my notifications.

a.g 😮
10 missed calls

a.g 😮
2 voicemails

a.g 😮
4 messages

667-327-2212
2 missed calls

what the fuck??

I quickly unlocked my phone and went to Ariana's messages. My mind was racing, 100 million different (bad) scenarios running wild.

a.g 😮 - y/nn ???
a.g 😮 - y/n please answer . im so sorry for ending the call like that

a.g 😮 - y/nn please . i need u rn

a.g 😮 - fuck y/n please
Read 2:50 AM

My stomach dropped.

me - ari ?? what's going on??
Delivered

I didn't wait for her to answer nor read the message. I simply pressed the FaceTime button. She didn't answer, so I called her on the regular type.

   She answered after a couple rings.

"Y/n?" Her voice was hoarse and hushed. She sounds like she's been crying. Heavily. I frowned deeply. "Ari? What's going on? Are you okay?" I was now up and pacing back and forth in this fucking hotel room.

I heard her breathe deeply. "F-Frankie-" She didn't finish, just started sobbing. I was ready to call Dyrk and tell him to start up the jet. I just needed to know what was going on first.

"Ari, love, talk to me. What's wrong with Frankie?" I spoke softly. She started to calm down a little bit. She began talking through her light cries.

"H-his b-boyfriend. . abused him a-and locked him up at his h-house." She barely got out. As soon as she finished talking, the sobbing started up again. I blew out a breath.