xiv

[ chapter 14 ]

april 16, 2022
4:40 a.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

y/n's pov:

"Y/n. ."

I frowned at her hoarse voice, instantly opening my arms.

No other words needed to be said. She moved forward and slammed her body into mine. She wrapped her arms around my waist and held on to my hoodie tightly as she cried.

I cradled her head to my chest, letting her hear my heartbeat while I laid my cheek on the top of her head.

"I'm so sorry, Ari. . I'm here now." She just sobbed harder; holding onto me tighter. I moved my head and placed my chin on top of her head.

With this new position, I was able to see what was in front of me.

A tall man, probably the same height as me; next to him was two older women. I identified the famous Nonna, the other I knew was her mother but I'd unfortunately forgotten her name.

   I gave a small, toothless smile while Ariana began to pull away. I looked back down to see her face, I knew I seemed worried but that's because I was. I needed some information on what's going on. I just had so many things running through my mind at once; I was beginning to feel lightheaded.

"Come in," She said quietly, moving to the side to allow me into the house. I walked in and Ariana shut the door behind me. She then stood beside me as her family approached.

"Mom, Nonna, Dad; this is Y/n. She's a really good friend of mine." Ari gives a little smile as she looks up at me. I return the smile a little wider to hopefully lift some spirits.

The man stepped forward first, holding his hand out. I took it and shook his hand firmly. "It's nice to meet you, Y/n. I'm a fan. I really loved 'The Purge'." He complimented, flashing a friendly smile. "Call me Ed."

I returned the smile gratefully. "Thank you, Ed. I appreciate it. It's great to meet you as well." After that, the two older women stepped up.

"Hi! I've heard so much about you, sweetheart. Just call me Nonna." She gently pulled me into a hug. I smiled and hugged her back, just as delicately. I gave a small comforting squeeze as we pulled back.

"It's an honor to meet you, Nonna." I flash the most charming smile I could muster. She glanced at Ariana and looked at her some type of way before looking at me again and smiling.

"Aren't you the sweetest!" She pinches my cheek, which makes (I'm assuming) the mom to gently remove Nonna from me.

"This is typical, I'd get used to it." She winked, also pulling me into a hug. I chuckled and as we pulled back she maintained her smile.

"I'm her mom, call me Joan." I smiled down at the small lady. "It's great to meet you, Joan." She pats my back and pulls away.

"Okay. We'll leave you two alone for a minute. Ari, let us know anything." Joan told her daughter before taking Ed and Nonna with her; into another room.