xvi

[ chapter 16 ]

april 19, 2022
5:30 p.m
atlanta, georgia

- - - - -

y/n's pov:

THE days seemed to go by in a blur. Everything was so fast-paced; constant action and movement going on around me. I was used to this, of course, but that doesn't mean I was welcoming to it.

My favorite part of the day was going back to that lonely ass hotel room. And even though it was lonely, the FaceTime calls Ariana would give me every night made it all worth while.

We never stopped talking. I texted her when I was taking off, I texted her when I landed, she'd text me in the studio, in a meeting, or just simply in her bedroom. I even found myself texting her between takes. Sure, the director bitched at me a little bit but I couldn't of cared less.

Each and every time we called, she'd make sure to let me know how much she missed me. She would list all the things we'd do once I got back, the places we'd go, the food we'd eat. She told me she wanted me to meet her friends— or at least the rest of her friends.

I was nervous to say the least.

   I told her about Jamison and Lexi. She began to rave about how much she loved Lexi (as an actress) and how excited she was to meet them both. It made my heart warm to know she wanted to be a part of my life like that.

maybe one day i'll let her meet my dad

   Anyways, with all this excitement from Ari; I couldn't help but pick up on it. I've decided it was a good idea to make it tenfold; and surprise her. I was coming home today. A day and a night before I told her I would.

The only reason I was able to make this happen was the amazing crew and director. We flew by the scenes and were done earlier than expected. Of course, the days were long and sometimes I didn't come home until sunrise but it was so worth it.

ariana's worth it.

   I was leaving at 12:00 A.M. Currently, I was in my hotel room; getting everything packed up and ready to go. By the time I was half way through, it was 6:00. I decided to take a break and get something to eat since I was pretty good on time. Dyrk and the crew wouldn't be here until 9:45-10:00.

   I was in the process of throwing away my takeout when my phone began buzzing vigorously on the glass table. I was at the trash can in the kitchen, my phone and the table were in the living room.

   Simply from the pattern I could tell this was a call. I usually always had my sound off because I got notifications all the time. I had my phone on vibrate for calls right now so my procrastinating ass wouldn't get distracted by something (probably) stupid.

   Anyways, I quickly walked the short distance into the living room and grabbed my phone off the coffee table. The number wasn't saved; which I found strange. Somehow, my mind managed to wander into the idea of this being some crazed fan.

unlikely, but it would be just my luck.

   Regardless, I answered and held the iPhone 12 up to my ear.