xvii

[ chapter 17 ]

april 20, 2022
9:30 a.m
brooklyn, new york

- - - - -

y/n's pov:

   AFTER a well rested night in my own bed, I felt refreshed and overly excited for today. Ariana texted me bright and early— before I was even awake, to text me good morning. She also made sure to tell me how excited she was to see me 'tomorrow'.

little did she know, i'd be seeing her in a matter of hours

   I decided I'd go all out for this surprise. With Frankie's call last night and his info on Ariana's current mental state, I felt like a good time was exactly what she needed.

   But I'd keep it all at home.

I thought about my entire plan over some quick breakfast. After that, I went up to shower and get ready for the day. By the time I was done with everything and ready to leave, it was verging 12:00 P.M.

   I still needed to pick up a few things and then set up before heading to Ariana's house.

   Let me explain.

   In a few of Ari and I's FaceTime conversations, she mentioned how she's never been to my house and definitely wants to go soon. I decided it'd make her happy if we completed one of the things we said we'd do when I got back.

   Anyways, I left my home and started towards the grocery store. I was picking up candy, popcorn, and drinks. I made sure to grab Ari's favorites— which included some vegan ice cream. I paid and quickly left; immediately heading to the next location.

   I pulled up to the same flower shop I had went to the night Ariana and I went to dinner. I got some pink, red, and white roses. I told the teenage girl at the desk to wrap them in brown paper and then paid once they were ready. I thanked her and tipped $30.

   On my way back to the house, I suddenly remembered dinner and that I haven't went grocery shopping yet. I contemplated going back to the store . . until I looked at the time.

3:45 P.M

   We can just order takeout or something.

   As soon as I got home, I started setting up and cleaning up for her arrival. I decided we could chill in my room since we stayed in the living room at her house.

   Once the bed was made, the lighting/setting was a nice, dim level and the snacks were laid out; I grabbed her flowers out of the small vase they were staying in previously and wrapped it in the brown paper again.

   I grabbed my phone, wallet, and keys with the flowers in my left hand as I walked out. I locked my front door behind me and got in my car. I placed the flowers in the passenger and started towards the Italian's residence.

Just as I went to send her message, she sent one first.

arii ❤️ - heyy, you havent texted me all day :(
Read 3:57 PM

me - hey, sorry ari . i've been extremely busy today 😭 quick question, though

me - is your door unlocked?
Read 3:59 PM