xxv

[ chapter 25 ]

may 22, 2022
1:30 p.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

   "YEAH, that sounds really good, Ari." The singer smiled brightly at me as she left the booth and plopped down beside me — really close to me.

"Thanks, Y/nn!" She cheesed and wrapped her arms around my neck, cuddling herself into my side and hiding her face in my neck. Even though she was being extremely touchy and needy, I couldn't deny it being the cutest thing ever.

I could feel her inhale deeply. Everyone in the studio room was constantly moving around or doing something; working on anything involving music. Therefore, nobody was really paying attention to us.

"I sure hope you're not doing that to sniff me." I teased. Even though she couldn't see me, I just knew she could hear the smirk in my voice.

"Shut upp — even if I was, at least you smell good." She pulled back and smirked. I raised an eyebrow, about to say something but was interrupted immediately.

"Ariana!" The woman in question whipped her head to the side. I also looked in that direction, seeing her manager, Scooter, standing there with an unreadable expression.

"Could I have a word? In private?" I felt my stomach sink a little at his tone. Mans did not sound happy.

"Uh, sure. ." She sounded confused, however turned to me with an indifferent look and gave a small smile. She unwrapped herself from me and stood up, following Scooter outside the room.

ariana's pov:

I followed Scooter out of the room and into the studio building hallway. Just from his body language, I could tell what this was about. I've seen it numerous times.

He stopped abruptly and turned around. I stared up at him impatiently; the second the door shut behind us he began talking.

   "Ariana, what the fuck is that? I thought we told you to keep it professional!" Knew it.

   "What're you talking about?" Play dumb, maybe it'll work? The thought was quickly shut down when he glared at me.

   "You know what I'm talking about. We agreed to this before you guys even became friends! Why do you always do this!" Scoot was exasperated. I could not believe he was making it seem like the end of the world.

   "Scooter, what are you even talking about? We're still friends." I kept my voice monotone and my demeanor calm. This has happened to me enough times to know the protocol.

   "Oh really? You're really gonna try to make me believe that when you're literally all over her? Do you not understand the repercussions of your actions?" It sounded like he was gasping for air after every word. He seemed really worked up over this.

   "We are! I'm a clingy person — and I'm not sorry about it. But we. are. friends. I promise you." Even though I wasn't lying, I did plan on removing that label at some point. I wanted her. More than anything.

   He seemed conflicted, unsure if he could believe me or not. Then, his face went completely emotionless.

   "Well, you guys can't be doing that. Especially not in public. I don't want anything getting out or anyone getting ideas." I sighed. "And I definitely wouldn't want anyone leaking shit." He then took a deep breath; eyes closed and everything.