xxii

[ chapter 22 ]

may 14, 2022
2:00 p.m
los angeles, california

- - - - -

ITS been a minute since Ariana and I talked. Well, a good few weeks to be 'exact'. It's only been less than a week since Alexa and I have hooked up (last).

The night Ariana walked away — and kind of out of my life — was the last time we've talked. She never tried to reach out after that and neither have I. Alexa and I have had this little 'no strings attached' fling going on just about the entire time.

Pretty recently, though, my co-star told me she needed a break. I guess, even though what we were doing was 'great', she just wasn't in the best mental space. Of course, I understood and gave her time. I knew from the beginning this would really just be an impulsive, rebound thing.

Still, it was disappointing to say the least.

sex was bomb

Anyways, she had to say that over the phone because I've been LA for the last week. I had my flight almost right after we had fucked for the last time. I guess it was something like a departing gift.

And a good memory.

I've been with Dyrk and my team, working on this new movie. I auditioned for it on the 10th online; I got the call from my team that I'd been chosen the day after. Now, 3 days later and I'm out in Hollywood learning my lines and getting ready to shoot.

The movie is A Quiet Place III. I'll be a new character and so everything involving my role is brand new. The plot is apparently under wraps so we'll probably start shooting in the next month or so. The movie's supposed to come out in 2025 so we've got time.

I'm only in Cali right now to get my measurements done and talk with the directors. There, I'll also get my lines and a plot paper to read for the time being. I met the rest of the cast yesterday — including the OGs like John Krasinski and Emily Blunt. The kids too. I'm very excited to work with everybody.

   I'm also here for Vogue. I've got a contract with them right now and another shoot is long overdue. It's supposed to be solo and then after Vogue I'm here for another couple days to go to this afterparty Justin invited me to.

yes. justin bieber.

   I should be back home by the 17th.

   "Y/n Y/l/n!" I turn around, smiling as the director — Michael Sarnoski — approaches me briskly.

   "Here are all the papers you need! We've sent copies via Email to you, your crew and Dyrk. I just have to say before you leave, I'm very excited to work with you." We shake hands and I smile gratefully.

   "Me? It's an honor to work with you! I can't wait." I take the papers from him. We chat for a bit about the movie and my role and then he leaves. Just as he's walking away, Dyrk comes up.

   "Alright Y/nn, ready to go?" I nod, showing him the papers as he calls over the bodyguards and we start walking out of the building.

   "So, word's getting around about you and Alexa. Are you guys a thing?" He asks the second we're in the car. I immediately shake my head.