xxiv

[ chapter 24 ]

may 19, 2022
8:27 p.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

y/n's pov:

   "BOTH? Why bothh," Ari whined, crossing her arms and pouting like a petulant child. I glanced at her for a second, laughing as I turned onto the main road. What was even funnier, was Ariana's own song being played loudly through my speakers; causing her to make a face.

"Because Thrifty's one of my favorite ice cream spots but they don't have many vegan options. You want good ice cream?" I asked, now on a red light so I was free to look over at her and smirk teasingly.

'cause i'm
daydreamin'
with my chin in the palm of my hand
about you

you
and only you

"Why can't you just convert for a night so we can go to one spot." She shot back, sending me that fucking teasing smile she always does. Her chin rested in her palm and I could see my heart eyes without a mirror.

get it together, y/l/n. be strong

"Because I want good ice cream too." The light changed so I quickly put my focus back on the road. Though, that was hard to do instantaneously when Ari decided to shove my arm for sending a hit towards vegan food.

"Fuck you! Vegan ice cream is good." I chuckled, not even God could wipe the smirk off my face.

"Whatever you say, A.G."

~~~~~

The ride to Thrifty wasn't too long. We stopped there first since it was the closest shop. Ariana's vegan spot was closer to her house anyways.

I parked the car, took the key out and, of course, helped Ariana out of the car. We quickly went into the parlor, the smell of waffle cones and fresh ice cream overwhelming my senses.

I sighed blissfully, which made Ariana snicker. "Fat ass." She commented under her breath. I hissed as if she'd physically hit me and glared down at the smaller woman. She just smiled up at me innocently.

   I ordered my favorite ice cream (a/n: comment yours i wanna know) in a large waffle cone and then went to their freezer to get a tub of the same ice cream.

   "Damn, maybe you actually are a lil' fat." I laughed and threw her my middle finger.

   I checked out the tub and payed for my ice cream. The second she handed it to me, the door chimed and two other people walked in.

   Of course, I turned my head like any normal person would and my eyes widened at who I saw. Immediately, my eyes flickered to Ariana who held the same surprised expression.

   "Pete?"

   "Ariana?"

   "Kim?"

   "Y/n?"

   It was like it came straight out of a movie. And the ice cream server got front row seats.