xxx

[ chapter 30 ]

may 30, 2022
6:30 p.m
new york city, new york

- - - - -

ariana's pov:

   "HOW the fuck did this happen, Ariana!" Scooter snapped.

"I don't know! How was I supposed to know seeing Kim and Pete out somewhere would lead to my private life being exposed?!" I shot back. Scoot huffed down the phone line.

"Goddammit! Have you seen anybody's reactions?" He asks, sounding panicked and anxious. Jesus, the man was more worked up than me!

"No, not yet. What the fuck should we do?!" There was silence for a long minute.

"Ignore it. If paps ask questions, deny. I'm getting into contact with Kim and her team. I advise Y/n's management to do the same." His voice was lower and much more calm

". . okay." We ended the call not long after that. I sighed as I sat alone in my chair, looking around the room mindlessly.

I don't really know how to feel about all this. I mean, am I mad that Y/n and I are kind of out in the open now? Not really. Am I scared that I'll be ridiculed out of my career? Hell yes.

My phone rings in my lap, effectively scaring the shit out of me and my thoughts. I glanced down, Y/n's contact name in big letters with an 'Incoming FaceTime'.

I answered it, holding my phone in a way where I was looking down at it but you could see my whole face.

"Baby," My heart stops. I think this was the first time she actually called me a pet name. "why do you look like that?" Y/n seemed amused, but also confused. I smirked.

"You called me baby." I cheese, watching Y/n blush and look the other way. She laughed. "Shut up, this is important!"

"Okay, okay! What is it? Good news?" I held a hopeful tone. Y/n shrugged, though the smile was promising.

"I mean," She dragged with a growing smirk. "have you looked on social media lately? At the reactions?" I slowly began to smile, but I couldn't find an exact reason why. "Noo, why?"

"I don't think we got the reaction you thought we would . ." She trails off, her smirk growing. My eyebrows raise. If she's not playing, it could completely save my ass from Scooter and my management.

I go out of the call but leave her face in my upper right corner. "Which app?" I ask. "Just check Twitter." I nod and go to my Twitter app. The number of notifications I had was out of this world. I don't even think they could compute all of them.

I went to the Trending and, just as I thought, Y/n and I's 'shipname' was already made and at the #1 spot.

Anyways, I clicked on it and started scrolling down the feed.

@ arianasgrande - ari bagged y/n fucking y/l/n ? and here i was thinkin she only liked ugly ppl 😭 #y/s/n

@ aricanbeatmeup2 - y/n y/l/n and ariana grande ? new hottest couple ? i mean, have you SEEN them ????? #y/s/n

@ y/nsy/c/n - i thought alexa n y/n would get together, tbh . not mad at this outcome tho . ariana's HOTT #y/s/n