xi

[ chapter 11 ]

april 10, 2022
12:35 a.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

y/n's pov:

   I watched in awe as Ariana got all flushed and flustered. The sleeves of her hoodie came over her manicured, tattooed hands. She covered her face with them but I could see in her eyes she was cheesing.

   She cleared her throat. "T-thank you, Y/nn. You're r-really pretty, too." Her voice was soft, small, and muffled from her sleeves. Even with all those factors, I could understand her perfectly.

   "Thank you, Ari." She nodded, becoming silent the shyer she got. I put her in this position, now it's my job to take her out of it.

   "What were you doing before I texted you?" I asked, creating a little bit of distance to release more of the tension I created.

   She finally removed her hands from her face. "Nothing much. Just watching some movies and snacking." She shrugged. I smirked.

   "Then let's keep doing that!" Her eyebrows raised. "Y/nn, it's past midnight. Are you sure you wanna do that? Do you have work today?" She seemed hesitant. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

why is she so uptight today?

   "Uh, yeah I'm sure. And no, I don't. Do you?" She shakes her head. I give her a weary smile.

   "Then let's do it!" I was a little scared I was about to her rejected, but then she smiled big.

   "Okay. Let's do it." She bit her lip to contain her smile.

~~~~~

Ariana and I set up a little fort in her huge living room. She told me I could spend the night since it's so late and I thanked her for that. After all this, I knew I would be so tired. It'd suck to have to drive home like that.

We ended up cooking some vegan chocolate chip cookies she had in her fridge. As we were cooking, I noticed she had all the ingredients to make homemade vegan brownies. My mom would make them when I was a kid (because she was vegan) and I loved them.

Luckily, she gave 14 year old me the recipe before she left.

"Yo. You wanna try some homemade vegan brownies?" I asked, looking down at the smaller woman as she placed the cookie sheet lined with 12 pieces of cookie dough into the oven.

Ariana shot up and her eyes widened. She looked up at me shocked. "You know how to make homemade brownies? Do I have the ingredients?" She asked, seeming absolutely baffled.

I chuckled. "Yeah. It's a kind-of old recipe. My mom gave it to me." Ariana's eyes lit up. She smiled so hard her dimples looked like indents, and squealed.

"Yes! Make them now! Wait! Let me help," She cheesed, placing her hands on her hips. I laughed at her excitement.

"Okay! Okay, first step,"

~~~~~

   Twenty minutes later and both baked goods were completely finished. While we waited for them to cool off, we migrated back into the living room to pick out our first movie.