viii

[ chapter 8 ]

april 9th, 2022
11:30 p.m
brooklyn, new york

- - - - -

   Y/N had swooped Ariana off her feet last night. After stopping at this lowkey ice cream joint Y/n knew about, she took Ariana home. It was around 9:30-9:45 when Ariana finally shut her front door.

   Y/n had also found the night extremely successful. She had fun— and plus, Ariana's label got the publicity they wanted. Ariana seemed to enjoy her time with Y/n, and Y/n liked that. Because she really enjoyed her time with Ariana too.

   Unbeknownst to Y/n, Courtney and Victoria were still there when Ariana got back. Once they heard that lock click, they rushed to the girl and bombarded her with tons of questions.

   Ariana sat her best friends down and explained her night with a squeal and a buzzed-out smile. The effects of the alcohol she drank tonight had worn off already, but she still felt like she was on a high.

   Let's just say, Courtney and Victoria approved.

y/n's pov:

   "Wow! So, was that like a date or?" Jamison stuffed another spoon full of Fruity Pebbles in his mouth.

   Currently, I had invited my best friends over and was telling them about the amazing night I had yesterday.

   "I mean, I dunno. Neither of us discussed it but we've been a little flirty. Her label told us to keep things 'friendly', so I don't know how far any of this will go." I shrugged.

   To be fair, I wasn't lying. Sure, I'd like to consider it a date but I have no idea how Ariana feels. I'm not even 100% sure she's not straight or if she doesn't already have a certain someone in her life. I won't let myself get tangled up in a girl with too many questions.

   "That's wack. Why don't you talk to her about it?" Lexi asked, hopping up to sit on the edge of my island counter. I gave her a look but she just brushed me off.

   I sigh. "Like I said, I don't know. I don't wanna ask just yet. I don't want to scare her off." I explained, toying with my own bowl of cereal. The only food left in it was the soggy pieces at the end so I wasn't really interested on eating those.

   "Y/n. Scare her off? Do you know who you are?" Jamison asked with his mouth agape. I frowned. "Do you know who she is?" I retorted, my mouth twisting to the side. I was overthinking it. I was letting my insecurities get the best of me.

   "Y/nn, I hope you realize how much of a pussy you sound. I get you're scared, but you are Y/n Y/l/n. If this doesn't work out, I'm sure it wouldn't take you long to find someone else. Just go for it. What do you have to lose?" Lexi had contradicted herself at the end there.

   I was gonna listen to her advise. This was because a part of me knew she was right. However, I did have something to lose.

   "A good friendship." I answered softly. Lexi sighed, leaning forward to place a hand on my own.

   "In the end, you'll still have us, right?" She asked, looking at Jamison and then back to me. Jamison was chewing his food as he nodded with a closed-mouth smile.