xxxi

[ chapter 31 ]

may 31, 2022
12:30 a.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

ariana's pov:

   I watched the phone ring anxiously, fiddling with the many rings on my fingers.

   The past hours have been extremely stressful; phone calls after phone calls, arguments after arguments. I fought hard for Y/n and I.

   Now it was time to tell her the news.

   "Hello?" Y/n's groggy, sleepy voice didn't help the fluttering of my heart. Even the simplest of things had me on my knees for this woman. She truly didn't have to try.

   "Hi, baby. Were you asleep?" Even with the dark lighting, I could see Y/n smile. "A little bit," Her deep chuckle shot electricity down my spine. "it's been a long day. You okay?" I bit my lip to contain my smile.

   "I'm great, actually. I have some good news. Sleep can wait." I heard Y/n's angelic laugh move further from the phone. I allowed myself to fully smile once a light flickered on and I could properly see the actress' adorable face.

   "You look tired." I commented jokingly, a playful smirk gracing my lips. Y/nn pouted. "Don't make me turn off my camera, Grande." I giggled softly.

   "Shut up, you're cute when you're tired. Anyways, I talked to Scooter and my team." This made Y/n perk up, rubbing the sleep out of her stormy y/e/c eyes.

   "Really? What'd they say?" She seemed hopeful, yet hesitant. That was the exact reaction I expected.

   "Well, after a lot of convincing they realized this wasn't bad promo. Because of your genius, quick thinking you managed to keep the hate to a minimum. They've 'allowed' our relationship." I roll my eyes at the term.

   "Even though, I would've done it anyways." I wink. Y/n laughs but then looks at me sternly, playfully pointing a finger at the screen.

   "No, you would not have! I don't ever wanna be the reason why you lose your career — your dream, your world. I'm so glad they've 'approved', though." The y/h/c was smiling ear to ear. I knew mine was matching it.

   "Me too! It feels like a huge weight off my shoulders," I sigh a breath of relief. "how'd the rest of your day go?" Y/n took a big breath.

   "Well, not how you might've expected it."

~~~~~

"Y/nn, pleasee." I chased the girl around my living room, the dogs happily and thoughtlessly following our every move.

   "Fuck no! This is my last bag!" She screamed behind her, grabbing a handful of her peach rings and shoving them in her mouth. I groaned.

   "I hope you choke on those!" I stopped running and Y/n abruptly turned around.

   "That is so not nice!" She retorted, sounding extremely muffled because of her full mouth. "So is not sharing!" I snapped back, huffing while childishly crossing my arms and falling back on my couch.