vii

[ chapter 7 ]

april 8th, 2022
7:00 p.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

EVEN though Y/n was closed off— and a bit of a hopeless romantic, she was a loverboy at heart. She'd probably never fully admit it, but all of her unsuccessful relationships weren't unsuccessful because of her.

Y/n was raised to make an effort to show people you care. She never assumed someone knew she loved them or assumed they knew she cared. She showed it. And people loved that. They just didn't cherish it.

Y/n knew her love language. It was a mixture between physical touch and acts of service. She liked to be physically touched— but only by certain people. The way she loved, was giving. She'd given her past partners everything they wanted and more.

But for some reason, it just wasn't enough.

After her relationship ended in 2019, she gave up trying to figure out why.

She gave up on relationships in general.

ariana's pov:

   Y/n would be here at anytime by now and I was shitting bricks. Literally.

   "Ari! Hurry up bitch, she'll be here soon!" Victoria yelled from the other side of my bathroom door. I didn't respond, instead I intensively cleaned my ass and got off the toilet. I flushed, washed my hands, sprayed more perfume and then walked out.

   "I wish Y/n was here to see that." Courtney commented as I walked out. I hushed her and rolled my eyes.

   "You can't blame me. Y'all would be nervous too if Y/n Y/l/n was coming to pick you up and take you out to dinner." They nodded their heads in agreement, but then Vic spoke up.

   "Well, still. You're Ariana Grande, for fuck sake. I'd be nervous if I was coming to pick up A.G. herself and take her out to dinner." Courtney nodded her head in agreement again while standing behind Victoria.

   "Vic's right, Ari. First of all, you look fucking stunning. If I was Y/n, I'd have a hard time keeping it in my pants. And second of all, you're a bad bitch! The Queen of confidence, the creator of 'Big Dick Energy'. You're the it girl here, chick." I smiled at their kind words.

   I looked down at myself for a second. Vic and Court helped me decide on a tight-fitting, silky black dress that had a slight v-line in the front to show cleavage and a slit on my left leg that stopped mid-thigh.

My two best friends had also placed a diamond choker chain around my neck and a slightly longer twisted one. I had my hair straightened and up in a little-lower-than-my-'normal' ponytail; 2 diamond-encrusted semi-large hoops in my ears.

My nails were done a classic acrylic white and the few small, silver and diamond rings that scattered my tattooed fingers helped accentuate the look.

I had black, red bottom pumps on and a diamond incrusted ankle bracelet. I did indeed look good, I was just so nervous I didn't take the time to feel it.